jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What profession do you think is radically over-paid? Which profession deserves a

1. wiserworld profile image93
    wiserworldposted 3 years ago

What profession do you think is radically over-paid? Which profession deserves a higher salary?

2. jjackson786 profile image96
    jjackson786posted 3 years ago

For the profession that is over-paid, I would have to say doctors and/or medical professionals in general. For the under-paid, I would say teachers and all of those in the teaching profession.

3. Fred Arnold profile image60
    Fred Arnoldposted 3 years ago

Hotel managers make a lot of money for a job that is pretty cushy. CEO's make ridiculous money compared to their employees as well. Sports athletes I think shouldn't be paid as much as they are paid. But that's me. It all comes down to the job and the qualifications. A wage is set by how many people have that set of skills. The less competition, the more you can get wage wise. (As long as the job is relevant) I think a lot of jobs should make more. Fire fighters, electricians, teachers are all fields that require extensive education and adaptation which should be paid more. I like sports, yet I don't see the justification in giving someone millions to play a game.

4. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

Overpaid is definitely politicians. Underpaid would be without a doubt police officers.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Overpaid: Professional athletes, TV/movie stars, politicians.

Underpaid: Police officers, firefighters, postal workers.

6. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

I think dentists, doctors, elected officials, film stars and oil CEO's come to mind first. I would include teachers, but popular belief is that they live hand-to-mouth so nope, can't mention them.

7. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

Overpaid - Actors/Actresses, Politicians,

Underpaid - Police, Mail Workers, Firefighters/Paramedics, Teaching Profession