jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

How do you deal with a manager who keeps on changing their mind, thus creating a

1. profile image56
    nafisalagnisposted 3 years ago

How do you deal with a manager who keeps on changing their mind, thus creating a lot of rework?

2. favored profile image36
    favoredposted 3 years ago

This was something we've had to deal with in our family and quickly settled the matter.  If a manager wants you to move a box ten times, do it simply because you are being paid the same amount whether you move a ton of items or the same one a dozen times.

My husband had a client where he finished a complete building of a wall.  The client changed his mind several times and my husband told him, "You can change it as many times as you like, I'll rebuild it but you'll also pay for the rebuild.

As long as it isn't effecting your pay or safety, it doesn't matter.  Don't get upset but put your energy into a more positive day, even if they can't seem to manage effectively.

1. profile image56
      nafisalagnisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you...it just that this gets frustrating..

2. favored profile image36
      favoredposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I don't like to do things twice, but I'm not always the boss and learning not to let their issues affect my day really changed how I looked at the job or project.  Just think, you're only there part of the day and they aren't boss over your life smile

3. profile image0
      Ian Moonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

A great answer favored, & all I'd like to add is: If you get frustrated by your boss nafisalagnis, then he's "exactly" what you need right now in your life in order to practice not being frustrated..It's not him, but you that creates it. :-)

3. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

If the rework is getting in the way of other work and creating an overall decline in productivity, its time to take it up with someone higher up the food change.

If not, there's really nothing to do but deal with it or find another job.

1. profile image56
      nafisalagnisposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I would like to take it with the higher up, but how can you just complain? How do you open the conversation...

4. CWanamaker profile image97
    CWanamakerposted 3 years ago

I'd sucker punch him in the mouth! Just kidding.  First I'd express my frustrations and try talking to him about the issue.  Next I would speak with his boss if the issue doesn't get any better.

working