jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What keeps you feeling positive?

1. miss1magination profile image66
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

What keeps you feeling positive?

I'd like to know how others keep feeling positive. I'm looking to learn new ways to keep me positive~ any some new ideas? Tell me how you go thru your day with "positive" thinking.

2. Cara.R profile image74
    Cara.Rposted 5 years ago

I try to stay in the moment. I try not to dwell on the past or the future. If the past and present come to my mind with negativity; being in the present moment helps me stay clear headed and I am more aware of any negative self talk.  If my mind wanders to things I wish I did different, I stop myself and say, "That moment is over, what can I do now?" 
    Sometimes when the negative thoughts come into my mind, making me less positive, I also accept the thoughts, let them pass but I don't let them define me. I tell myself, nothing is a mistake it's a lesson. I even tell myself that I love me.
    One thing that seemed to always help was, while going to sleep and while getting ready for work the next morning,  I would say to myself, "I am going to have a good day." And I would.
    It doesn't mean to deny any negative thoughts in your mind, it's about acknowledging them, letting them pass and moving forward. The biggest key to staying positive is to pay attention to all your thoughts and stopping yourself from beating yourself up.
    There will be plenty of times, when you wish to hear things positive from someone else, in an attempt to feel self worth and positivity. For example, I love you, you're special, I care about you. But when they don't come from anyone, when you feel you might need that, you can tell yourself those things all the time. You don't need to wait to hear it from someone else.

1. miss1magination profile image66
      miss1maginationposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou Cara.R, I also think its better to not dwell and move on, I often feel people are affected by negitive people so I do try to surround myself with positive friends.

3. annerivendell profile image94
    annerivendellposted 5 years ago

Appreciation. Thinking of stuff that makes me happy. Could be anything from my favourite sweater to my favourite person. And when that doesn't work, (though it does more than half of the time) then keeping things in perspective, always having the bigger picture in mind.

So when I'm worrying about something, I ask myself "what's the worst that could happen here?" 99.9% of the time, whatever it is, I could deal with it. Nobody is going to die if this happens. For that possible 0.1%, I tell myself, "well, if it happens, it happens and worrying about it is not going to make a difference.Besides, what are the chances, realistically,of the worst happening?"

I also believe that the Spirit never dies, so even death is not the end. The bigger picture then, for me, is our continuing connection to all matter and my place within that connection.  That keeps it in perspective.

4. SouthernHoney profile image71
    SouthernHoneyposted 5 years ago

This won't work for everybody, but I think about my family. Especially the little ones, and the support I've gotten from my parents and grandparents. It keeps me grounded.

5. jennshealthstore profile image91
    jennshealthstoreposted 5 years ago

Being positive is all in the mind. We basically are what we think. If we do not let things upset us and we focus on the good, we can think positive most of the time. Of course there will be times when it is just impossible to be positive, but the main thing is to be upset about the situation and then get past it. When you are feeling down, keep telling yourself you are happy and it will eventually be true. Positive thinking helps a lot!