This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Why do you think you're destine to do what you're doing for a living?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

Why do you think you're destine to do what you're doing for a living?

2. DaisysJourney profile image76
    DaisysJourneyposted 3 years ago

I don't know if destiny figures into the bigger picture, but I do know that I'm right where I need to be.  I teach middle school and though there are days I am short on patience and wish I'd taken a sick day, there are other days that are simply magical.  Yesterday, I called about 10 parents to inform them their adolescents had missing or incomplete work and the parents asked if I'd pull them from football practice to get the work done.    I sat with the football team as they had homework time and worked with my handful of big hulking boys, explaining how to clarify a main idea, how to analyze nonfiction for fact vs opinion and bias vs logic.  As I sat there explaining, using guy logic, joking around, and a few "seriously" looks, I realized how much fun I was having.  They were "getting it" and finishing their work.  I had this moment of "this feels so right" and that I was working in the job/career/living that I was called to.  Or in other words, I'm living right in the center of my life's destiny.

I think I'm destined to do what I do because these are the talents and passions that have been gifted to me.  I feel that when I am working within my talents and passions that I am at my most happiest and content.  I feel satisfied, successful, and appreciated.  If I was working outside of my destiny, I would feel unfulfilled, unappreciated, and frustrated more frequently, I believe.

working