Why do you think you're destine to do what you're doing for a living?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

Why do you think you're destine to do what you're doing for a living?

2. DaisysJourney profile image77
    DaisysJourneyposted 3 years ago

I don't know if destiny figures into the bigger picture, but I do know that I'm right where I need to be.  I teach middle school and though there are days I am short on patience and wish I'd taken a sick day, there are other days that are simply magical.  Yesterday, I called about 10 parents to inform them their adolescents had missing or incomplete work and the parents asked if I'd pull them from football practice to get the work done.    I sat with the football team as they had homework time and worked with my handful of big hulking boys, explaining how to clarify a main idea, how to analyze nonfiction for fact vs opinion and bias vs logic.  As I sat there explaining, using guy logic, joking around, and a few "seriously" looks, I realized how much fun I was having.  They were "getting it" and finishing their work.  I had this moment of "this feels so right" and that I was working in the job/career/living that I was called to.  Or in other words, I'm living right in the center of my life's destiny.

I think I'm destined to do what I do because these are the talents and passions that have been gifted to me.  I feel that when I am working within my talents and passions that I am at my most happiest and content.  I feel satisfied, successful, and appreciated.  If I was working outside of my destiny, I would feel unfulfilled, unappreciated, and frustrated more frequently, I believe.

working