jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Are you doing what you love? If not, why not? What's stopping you?

1. Richawriter profile image93
    Richawriterposted 6 years ago

Are you doing what you love? If not, why not? What's stopping you?

The best and most fulfilling way to make a decent living while having fun is to do what you love. Are you making a living doing what you love? If not, what is holding you back?

2. animekid profile image73
    animekidposted 6 years ago

At this point in my life, I can honestly answer that Yes I really am.

It's taken me more than 20 years to finally get to a point where I am doing what I enjoy doing and slowly but surely getting compensated for it too.

It's great to have people finally let me know that the work is do is excellent and that they appreciate what I write.
    20 years is a long time to wait to be acknowledged as someone who's efforts actually matter

3. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

Yes, I am still doing what I love.

I came out of working for others in 1987 and have been doing what I love as a hobby to become a business.

It had been tough but after many cycles of struggle, it is manageable. I believe everyone should be doing what they like and at least they will be happier every morning when they are off to work.

I am ever looking forward to a beautiful day of working. Best of all, the timing is managed by myself to organize.

4. SuperheroSales profile image59
    SuperheroSalesposted 6 years ago

I'm not doing what I love right now.  I am a play-it-safe kind of person and I feel that I am in a good place financially and have achieved a lot of success at work.  I have not been able to find the courage needed to pursue my dreams.  Practical me is winning out.

5. DrMikeFitzpatrick profile image37
    DrMikeFitzpatrickposted 6 years ago

absolutely! how about yourself? Dr. Mike

6. Richawriter profile image93
    Richawriterposted 6 years ago

Thanks for the answers guys.

I waited 31 years before I started doing what I love, which is writing. So as a 31 year old, I'm happier than I've ever been and it has made a difference to every area of my life, my career as a Teacher, love-life, family life, friendships and overall optimism levels.

I don't regret having waited so long. Regret is a useless feeling as are sentences like "should have, could have, would have etc.

I've started late, and that only means I get to enjoy my process of growing as a writer, and I have accumulated 31 years of experience which will serve me well in my writing endeavors.

By the way, I also love teaching, it just took me a few years to realize it!

Peace out.

Closed to reply