jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

For those who were fired from their jobs, would you ever work for someone else a

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

For those who were fired from their jobs, would you ever work for someone else again?  Why? Why not?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12023320_f260.jpg

2. SilentMagenta profile image71
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

I was fired once but the funny thing about it is I dont know why. All she said was that I was different. I would work for someone else. I would work for her again if she wanted me back.

3. profile image0
    Janice Hornerposted 3 years ago

I have never been fired.  I was made redundant once. However, I was offered a job again when someone left the company. 

SilentMagenta, the person who fired you should have told you the reason why!  That was so unfair to you!  I would have been talking to a solicitor if it had been me.  You must have felt awful being told you were 'different!'  I'm sure you are no different to anyone else!

1. SilentMagenta profile image71
      SilentMagentaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I figured it was because of my transfer to my natural hair texture. Since that was the only think different about me. She even complimented me and said I was a great worker. The funny thing is I received a 20 dollar bonus the day before I was fired.

4. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

Most people don't have a choice.  Setting up your own business requires capital; if people are working, they generally don't have that.  Even if they did, they need knowledge to get the business going.  Nowadays, there are internet jobs which make it easier to go into business for yourself, but it's still difficult.
    In the late 1980s, I once met a young woman in Santa Cruz who was selling flowers on the sidewalk.  She said she was going into business for herself because she was sick of being fired.  She sold me a red rose for $2.  She'd have to sell A LOT of roses at that price to earn a living!

working