jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (16 posts)

What Type of Jobs do you DISLIKE seeing Women do?

1. Jacqueline4390 profile image86
    Jacqueline4390posted 3 years ago

What Type of Jobs do you DISLIKE seeing Women do?

Back before the days of the Feminist Movement—there were certain jobs that were entirely unheard of for women to do. Even though those days are long gone; do you still think that there are jobs that just doesn’t seem appropriate for women? What are they?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12223148_f260.jpg

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

No, because we've moved into a modern era and are focused more now on equality.  Thank goodness for feminism. Feminists, (and the brave men who supported them) are why we can vote and have only had that right for less than 100 years, but now take it for granted! We make up over half the population and there is no good reason we cannot pull the same weight as our male counterparts.  Educated, capable women who participate in all areas of society make for a better human race and they should be allowed to do any job that they have the skills and capability of doing.

Jacqueline4390posted 3 years agoin reply to this

My granddaughter ... a very cute and petite young lady ... joined the Army Reserves. She barely made it through Basic Training with 2 swollen knees and had to be sent home from weekend drill because of horrible menstrual cramps.

2. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

My 4'11 cousin has been in the military her whole adult life and has done just fine, menstrual cramps and all - what's your point exactly? according to skills and ability NOT gender.

3. Jacqueline4390 profile image86

Just adding the footnote that the female needs to make sure she is "equipped" to handle her chosen profession, that's all.

3. sprickita profile image81
    sprickitaposted 3 years ago

I agree with Christin. I feel lucky/seriously blessed to live in a environment which promotes free will and allows any one,all of us a voice. That being said  people are people and if it makes us smile then heck yeah -Rock it ! 8-) I do maintenance for a small complex , it is a commercial property for which I maintain as well as repairs roof to sub flooring 8-) love it. and am gonna be late so have a good day y'all Thank You, miss hub pages it has been a min.

1. ChristinS profile image95
      ChristinSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Rock on with your bad self smile I have done some minor repairs, but have not yet conquered anything to do with a roof - afraid of heights, nothing to do with gender smile.

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 3 years ago

A penis model.

I think that there are women more qualified than some men in very male-dominated occupations. Just because a man is a man doesn't mean that he's automatically better at a particular job than any woman. It's very much dependent on the person and their skill set.

There are predominantly male and female occupations - most construction workers seem to be male and most childcare workers seem to be female. But I wouldn't think twice seeing a man or a woman doing either. People should do what they're good at, what they're passionate about, and what they love. Gender should play no part.

I totally agree, Amen!

5. collagen profile image39
    collagenposted 3 years ago

Probably if you ask every single woman you will have so many different answers because there is no single solution for so complected issue.
    I personally think that woman lost a lots by doing what man supposed to do.

1. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 3 years agoin reply to this

What is a man "supposed" to do and what have women lost?

2. collagen profile image39
      collagenposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Have you ever been 1 km underground seeing woman working there. I did and it doesn't look good because they do it only because of the money they can earn

3. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And I'm sure men do their jobs for free, out of the goodness of their hearts.

I still don't know what you're implying women have lost by doing "a man's job"?

6. profile image0
    TheBizWhizposted 3 years ago

In the world in general, I don't think there is a job that I wouldn't want to see a woman do nor do I think there is a job that a woman cannot do.

With that said, I was once a supervisor for a railroad freight company and there were female conductors and engineers. In every instance it always turned out badly. Not because they couldn't physically do the job, but because they had a poor attitude. Maybe they have had bad experiences being a woman in a male dominated field, but if that were the case, then they should move on to something they liked better. Otherwise they were not helping themselves or other women by sandbagging.

7. gamers prophet profile image78
    gamers prophetposted 3 years ago

I dislike women doing only one job and that's being a single parent. its the most stressful job in the world ans the lowest paid.

8. Jacqueline4390 profile image86
    Jacqueline4390posted 3 years ago

I'm not choosing sides but it's hard maintaining the feminine mystic fixing drain pipes, shoveling coal or dangling at the end of a 50 foot pole!

working