jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you think about Hillary Clinton's statement that CEOs are extremely over

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

What do you think about Hillary Clinton's statement that CEOs are extremely overpaid when she is

a multimillionaire herself?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7504485_f260.jpg

2. Travis Kaoulla profile image82
    Travis Kaoullaposted 3 years ago

She's a disgusting hypocrite. The worst part is people are going to believe her and vote for her.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 3 years ago

Hillary may be a millionaire, but I don't think she's ever been a CEO. She's earned her money by other means. Most lately, she's earned her money through books and speaking engagements.

I read on Forbes recently that CEOs now earn 331 times more than the average worker, and over 700 times the average minimum wage worker. While I agree that being a CEO deserves higher compensation than a worker, I don't see a good reason for the person at the top to be so lavishly paid when the people at the bottom can't make ends meet.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

It would be more hypocritical if she had said 'millionaires' but she is specifically singling out CEOs. However, there are CEOs (like Warren Buffett) who also acknowledge the gap. So it's not uncommon. At least they're acknowledging it exists.

5. Old-Empresario profile image83
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

She's just trying to get votes. Politicians are all liars. We know that.

working