jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Would you rather have a knowledgeable employee with bad work ethic, or not as kn

1. Tjphilz5 profile image72
    Tjphilz5posted 2 years ago

Would you rather have a knowledgeable employee with bad work ethic, or not as knowledgeable with

Good work ethic?

2. Hazel Abee profile image74
    Hazel Abeeposted 2 years ago

This is a very though question, recently my PM announced that he rather have not knowledgeable people around him as long as they support him. So he sacked a few Ministers who had difference of opinion.

In a working environment i would prefer employee with good ethics as they can gain experience through work. They will be working hard to learn more and improve their performance.
    Knowledgeable employee will have too much of ego. Secondly they will ask for more pay  as their experience will also cost money.

Tjphilz5posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree, it's interesting those that work hard are often content with their pay. Where as those that work much less feel they should get a raise simply because they have "done their time"

Hazel Abeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Those who work hard come from a difficult background mostly .. every penny is important for them and they can not risk loosing the job (this is my personal experience .. because i was in that place) ..

3. bizgrrl profile image74
    bizgrrlposted 2 years ago

I think most employers would prefer someone they can train and that has a positive attitude and solid work ethic over a poor employee that can't get along with anyone yet knows their stuff.

Agreed, just being a good person and being willing to interact with people and treat them as equals is something that makes you a valuable employee

4. peachpurple profile image83
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

prefer good attitude but no experience or knowledge. You can teach a cow to climb a tree if you have the persistent urge to teach.

Great illustration, I once heard a similar one. You have two runners that both run at the same speed, one with perfect form the other with terrible. You pick the one with terrible and teach him the correct form then he is faster.

Hazel Abeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I like it ..

working