Why Are The Elderly Hired As Low Level Employees?

1. PhoenixV profile image76
    PhoenixVposted 21 months ago

Why Are The Elderly Hired As Low Level Employees?

When they have more work ethic and experience than the oftentimes incompetent managers and assistant managers.

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

1. Obamacare penalizes small businesses that don't offer health insurance, but if you are on Medicare, you have insurance via Medicare - so they can hire a bunch of retirees and avoid penalties from the mandates and health insurance costs.
    2. If you hire a teenager, they may not have a work ethic, but elders who have to work do.
    3. Early twenty somethings working at a low level tend to complain that they aren't getting a living wage or demand $15 an hour for minimum wage / basic work. Retirees who need the money will be grateful for the job and not demand more than the work is worth.

3. profile image0
    Cissy1946posted 21 months ago

Being 70 and in the position of needing a supplementary income to my retirement I am very aware of this situation. My opinion is that the vast majority of people don't like to hire people who may turn out to know more than they do or who may be smarter than they are. That doesn't just apply to the elderly, as any number of intelligent young people can attest to, but it is more widespread.

working