The Benefits of Entering a Writing Contest: HubPages 30/30
Vote In This Poll!
Have You Ever Completed a 30/30 Hub Challenge?
The "30 Hubs in 30 Days Hub Challenge"
This is a great challenge for new and veteran Hubbers alike. I have been here for over 2 years now and I have yet to take the challenge! After some soul searching, I decided that 2012 was going to be the year that I step up my online writing a notch so that I can make some more money doing what I love best: Writing!
I decided to kill two birds with one stone.I am doing the challenge side by side with the current "Know It All Contest" The reasons for doing this are:
- To Kill 2 Birds with 1 Stone
- To Ensure that I will Finish the Challenge
- To Increase my Revenue
- To Polish my Writing Skills
- Personal Reasons
By doing the challenge alongside the contest, I am able to answer questions in Hub form (such as this Hub itself) while gaining traffic, publishing more articles, and having a better chance at winning in the contest! I could go on and on with many other reasons for doing this, but I think you get the idea!
The Sky is the Limit!
Need Some Inspiration? Get Some Writing Prompts!
What To Expect From Participating in the 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge
Well, most likely you won't become a millionaire over night and probably won't go viral like Arianna Huffington but you can expect an increase in a few statistics on HubPages. Let's look at what could happen:
- Your Daily Traffic Should Increase, especially if you share your articles and let friends know that you are taking the challenge. Be sure to post your progress in the Hub Challenge Forum. Be sure to click "Jump To Last Post" in the upper right hand corner of the first page. That will take you to then end of the forum (most recent) and you can post your links there.
- Your Credibility as a Writer Will Rise as you will prove that you can set and accomplish goals within a specific deadline.
- If you are signed up and approved for the various Earnings Programs on HubPages, Your Earnings Should Rise as a result of rising traffic!
- Although you may get a bit stressed out, in the end you will Be Proud of Yourself for achieving such a great accomplishment!
- You will probably Get More Followers as more people will be exposed to your work and want to support you.
- You will have Bragging Rights! You can even put it in your resume that you completed this fantastic feat!
- You will Become a Better Writer. As they say, practice makes perfect and although we can never be "perfect", we sure as hell can try! Just think of all the experience you will gain in just one short month!
You Can Win Money in Contests!
How Much Do You Know?
view quiz statistics
More About the HubPages "Know It All" Contest
If you have never entered a contest on HubPages, this may be the best contest so far! Usually HubPages picks a narrow category for their contests, but this time there is no limit to what you can write about! All you have to do is be knowledgeable about a certain subject and if you can write a Hub about it, you can enter the contest!
Important Information About the Contest:
- Contest Begins on: March 1, 2012 (12:00pm PT)
- Contest Ends On: March 30, 2012 (12:00pm PT)
- Daily Drawings Will Be Announced Around 4:00pm PT
- Entries Must Answer a Question Posted on HubPages, in Hub Form
- Minimum of 500 Words
- All Photos Must Be Legal!
- You Can Not Answer Your Own Questions!
- Overall Hub Format and Layout (looks) and Quality of Your Answer as Related to the Question Will Be The Main Criteria for Judging.
J.S.Matthew's Past Contest Winnings: If He Can Win, Anyone Can! Join the Contest Today!
- Inside a Plumbers Toolbox: Photos of Tools and Materials Plumbers Need to Get The Job Done!
This is a Photographic List of the most common tools used in the plumbing field. The article includes detailed descriptions of tools and their uses. This is a great article for someone who is interested in working in the Plumbing Field.
- HubPages First Annual "Hubbie Awards" (2011)
J.S.Matthew and Website Examiner Tied for the "Most Helpful Hubber" Distinction! (watch video at 4:12 mins.)
HubPages Headquarters: San Francisco, CA
So Why Not Join Me and Kill 2 Birds With 1 Stone!
I hope that after reading this article, I have inspired you to enter the Contest and start your 30 Hubs in 30 Days Challenge today!
There is a lot of fun whether you win or not (although winning is better!) If you walk away with nothing else, at least you can say that you entered the contest and did your best to write 30 Hubs in 30 Days. That in itself is enough reward.
If you would like to be added to the list of Hubbers taking the Hub Challenge on the left, leave me a comment or send me an e-mail with your HubPages Profile link. Let's Make HubPages History this month!
Follow J.S.Matthew's First 30/30 Hub Challenge!
- "My Side of the Mountain" Book Review: The Only Book I Would Keep to Get Kids Reading!
Children's Book Review of "My Side of the Mountain", by author Jean Craighead George. This is the first book in a trilogy about a boy named Sam Gribley who lives in New York and wants to run away to the mountains...
- 10 Tips That Will Help Overcome Writers Block for Writers on HubPages
Let's face it. Many if not most writers face that horrible plague of "Writer's Block" from time to time. Not to worry! It is normal, and with these 10 Useful Tips to help get you out of this funk, you will be writing again in no time!
- Why Is My Hub Score Fluctuating? 3 Steps for Maintaining a High Hub and Hubber Score?
Does your HubScore and HubberScore change frequently? Do you wonder why? This article answers the question, "Why Does My Hub Score Frequently Change?"
- Cast Iron Cookware: Tips on How to Store and Clean Your Cast Iron Skillets and Dutch Oven Pans With
This article is all about Cast Iron Cookware: Benefits, Seasoning Techniques, Cleaning and Storage to keep your Cast Iron in Great Shape! Photos included!
- Using Dragon Naturally Speaking Software and Copy Paste In the HubPages Text Capsule
Are you a slow typist? Are you sick of misspelling words and constant editing? This article will explore the many benefits of using the Nuance Dragon Naturally Speaking Software to Create Articles In Half the Time!
- Valuable Lessons Learned Writing Online: Tips on How To Get Organized, Research and Publish Quality
Are you new to Writing Online? If so, one of the best things you can do to break into the market is to take advice from Seasoned Published Authors. These are some of this Author's Experiences from Years of Writing Online.
- What is a Good Affordable Camera to Buy For a New First Time Photography User that Takes Great Photo
Are You a First Time Buyer Looking For an Affordable Camera that takes Great Photos and Video? If you are looking for a camera that takes high quality pictures and video, you may want to consider the Canon PowerShot A2200.
- How To Share Hub Articles from HubPages to Social Networks: Marketing Opportunities For More Interne
Are you new to HubPages? Maybe you have been around for a while and want to learn how to generate more traffic to your Hubs. There are several ways to get more traffic and there are even more articles trying to teach you how to get more traffic.
- 5 Secret Tips That Will Generate Comments In Your Hubs Articles
So you have written a few Hub articles but you haven't received any comments yet! Here are some tips to help you get people to want to leave comments on your Hubs! You worked hard! You deserve Feedback!
- Why Writing In The Third Person In Your Profile and Articles Can Give You Author Credibility On HubP
Trying to Perfect your Online Profile and Articles as a Serious Author? This article discusses the reasons and the benefits for writing your Articles and Author Profile in the Third Person.
- Why Do Some Hubbers Get More Attention Than Others: What Is Their Hub Secret?
There are Several Secrets for Getting More Attention on HubPages! This Hub Article Discusses the Secrets That Get Attention On HubPages and The World Wide Web. Learn How To Get Noticed Online! Step by Step Suggestions for Creating Better Content.
- How To Make Money Writing Online on Hub Pages? Earn Cash Profit Through HubPages Affiliate Advertisi
A Guide to the basics of making money on HubPages through the various Ad and Affiliate Programs and How To Sign Up for and Use each Program. Programs include eBay and Amazon as well as the HubPages Earnings Program.
- What Is Pinterest? Pinning Photos to Pinterest Boards Using Pin It To Get More Hub Article Backlink
Have you noticed the new "Pin It" Button on the top of Hub Articles lately? Not sure what that means? Read this Hub Article to learn more about "Pinterest" and how to effectively use it to get more Hub Traffic.
- Is HubPages a Blogging Site? Hub Pages Leads Online Publishing Writing High Quality Multi-Media Arti
This Article attempts to answer the age old question, "Is HubPages a Blog?" Read more to explore why HubPages is better than any other Blogging Site.
© 2012 JS Matthew