7 in 7 Challenge, Anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (28 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Hubdooblrposted 11 years ago

I'm still brand new to HubPages, and there is going to be a pretty big learning curve here I can tell already, so the 30/30 may be a little out of my depth at the moment.

However, I'd be more than happy to take part in a 7 in 7 challenge. Anyone else want to jump in on this one with me?

1. profile image0
      ksinllposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Clever, start with 7 then go from there. Best of luck to you!

2. NC4Life078 profile image75
      NC4Life078posted 11 years agoin reply to this

This is a really good idea, Good luck.

3. Tricia Hein profile image61
      Tricia Heinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm in. This is the first challenge I'm participating in, so does it need to be on any kind of topic? And can we start tomorrow or did the one I post today count?

1. ErinElise profile image60
        ErinEliseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi everyone,
        I'm in too.  This is the first challenge for me too.

4. Mmargie1966 profile image86
      Mmargie1966posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm in.  However, I can't start until August 1. 

Great idea!

2. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I'll do it too. I will begin on 8/1.

3. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

I'm in!  As with Margie, I'll start August 1st.  Great idea, and it's not nearly as overwhelming as the 30/30 marathon!

4. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82

@ Tricia Hein - Welcome to the site (and welcome to everyone else who's new)!  I'm not sure what the OP has in mind, but challenges like 30/30 are generally hubs on whatever each writer prefers to write about; the goal is to be productive.  Some have written all informative hubs, but some have also included recipes, short stories, poetry, etc. 

The site's guidelines are that hubs should have at least 500 words (poetry can deviate from that), and photos should be properly used and cited.  If you follow those basic guidelines, you should be fine. 

I love the idea of 7 in 7 - bigger challenges can get to you after a few weeks.  And as was mentioned above, people can always write more than that.

As for counting the hub you just published, well, I'm not in charge, but I say go for it!  We are all here to support each other!

5. profile image0

Hi all,

I'm glad that there are others who are interested in my "7 Hubs in 7 Days" challenge.

The idea behind the 7/7 challenge is to have a challenge for those who may be a little intimidated by the 30/30 challenge.

There are no topic guidelines, so write what you like, just make sure to stick to the HubPages standards and guidelines, and make sure to post the links in the approprite forum thread.

I can't wait to start the next 7/7 on August 1st, see you all there. 

Note: Here is the link for the Challenge thread:
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049#top

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for starting this challenge, Hubdooblr - I think it's a much saner goal than 30/30 (even though I did that one twice!). I have no idea what people are thinking when they aim for 100 in 30, though.  That's self-abuse!

I'm looking forward to Wednesday's Lsunch of your challenge.  And I'll try to recruit a few others, too.  Is the challenge thread you posted one where we can post links, too?  Some forum sections prohibit posting our own links.  Just checking.

1. profile image0
        Hubdooblrposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The link is for the "Hub Challenge Hub Links" thread, which freely allows promotion of Hub links, provided that they are for a "Hub Challenge" of some sort.

6. Anamika S profile image69
    Anamika Sposted 11 years ago

Count me in too! I have been busy working on a project last month that I have not written even a single hub last month (However, I did update some of my old hubs). I will try to make up for it this month.

7. profile image0

As a helpful tip to my fellow 7/7 Hubbers,

If you are planning to start the next "7 in 7" challenge on Wednesday, Aug, 1st (my birthday by the way smile ), then this would be a great time to start gathering the things you may need, and getting prepared. This is the perfect time for things like:

Start thinking of topics
    Start putting together a list of Keywords, and get a jump start on some research
    Start collecting any images you may need (make sure to follow all copyright guidelines)
    Start outlining your articles
    Start finding products that fit in with your Hubs

A little prep work can make your "7 in 7" challenge a huge success, and can help you get a feel for things here at HubPages!

Best of luck to you all!
    Hubdooblr

8. Oakfurnituresol profile image61
    Oakfurnituresolposted 11 years ago

This sounds like a great place to start if you're new to hubpages - I was thinking of doing the 30 hubs in 30 days challenge, but think this would be less intensive. I can't start until the 8th of August, but I guess by then you guys will be on your second one?:-)

1. profile image0

The best part about the challenges, in my opinion is the flexibility. You can start anytime you like, and work at your own pace.

In August, I plan on running a "7 in 7" challenge every week, so if you miss one, there will be another one the next week. Right now, the tentative start dates for August are:

Challenge 1: Aug 1st
      Challenge 2: Aug 8th
      Challenge 3: Aug 15th
      Challenge 4: Aug 22nd
      Challenge 5: Aug 29th

Every Wednesday in August.

1. Oakfurnituresol profile image61
        Oakfurnituresolposted 11 years agoin reply to this

oh great, that sounds perfect! and more motivating to know that others are doing the challenge too, thanks:-)

9. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image82

First hub for August 7 in 7 is up and running. I haven't posted a link, but wanted to thank you again for this great idea on a mini-challenge!

10. ErinElise profile image60
    ErinEliseposted 11 years ago

I decided to start the challenge yesterday so I have one from yesterday to post and one from today to post.  Yesterday: Only Children.  Today:  Channing Tatum.   The first one had a couple changes so it looks as if it was published today, but I created it yesterday.  Thanks!  : o

11. webrevolve profile image68
    webrevolveposted 11 years ago

Sounds like a great challenge! For a new poster like myself the 30 in 20 challenge seems way out of my depth!....for now!

12. profile image0

Hi all, just wanted to say that I've gotten an amazing response to the "7 - In - 7" challenge, and it's going great!

Just a to answer a couple of questions that I've been getting:

Q: Are there any requirements?
    A: Nope. Anyone is welcome to participate, as long as you follow the standard HubPages guidelines for content, then you're all good.

Q: Is there a specific topic we have to write about?
    A: Write about anything you like, as long as you follow the HubPages guidelines (are you starting to see the pattern here).

Q: If I do the "7 - In - 7" challenge, can I still participate in the 30/30, 100/30 challenges?
    A: Absolutely! The more the better. Just like the Most Interesting Man In The World who "once ran a marathon... because it was on his way", you can go from this challenge straight on to the 30-In-30, or any other challenge. Just remember, each original Hub only gets one link in the HubChalleners forum.

Which brings us to... 

Q: Where do I post links to my Hubs? Can I post them here?
    A: In the "HubChallengers" section of the forum (the section you found this thread in), the very top thread, the one created by darkside with over 11,000 replies, is the place to post your links. As far as I know, that is the only place you're allowed to post promotional links.

Q: Hubdooblr, if you're on your third "7-in-7" challenge, then where are all of your hubs?
    A: Ahh, you got me. I actually have more than one account here at HubPages, and I spread my writing across them depending on subject matter. However, starting this week, I'll be using this as my primary account.

So there you go, just a few answers to the questions I've been getting most often.

Good luck with the challenge all, I can't wait to read all that amazing content.

13. ErinElise profile image60
    ErinEliseposted 11 years ago

Hi everyone, I just wanted to say I didn't make the 7 in 7 challenge.  I got as far as 3 in 3. But I'm going to try again.

14. profile image0

Hi everyone,

It's Wednesday, and that means the start of another "7-in-7" challenge. There were a lot of great Hubs written for last week's challenge, it was awesome!

This week, I want to add a little twist to the challenge: I'm adding a theme.

Summer is almost over, and here in the U.S. that means that the kids are about to head back to school. In honor of their upcoming imprison ... I mean "return to class", I thought it would be nice to add an "end of summer" theme to the challenge.

Write a Hub about:

What you plan to do for the end of summer
    What you plan to do this summer (for our friends in the Southern Hemisphere)
    Recipes for a great "End of Summer BBQ"
    What you plan to do when the kids are back in school
    A "Back to School" guide for parents
    A "First Day of School" guide for parents with kids just starting school for the first time

or any old thing your heart desires...

As always, the challenge is open to anyone, and you can write about anything you wish. If you do write a themed Hub this week, message me a link and I'll add it to the "Weekly '7-In-7' Challenge Recap" hub that I'll be doing this week. It'll get you a little more exposure for your Hub, and a free backlink.

Have a great week everyone, I can't wait to read all of those amazing Hubs!

Hubdooblr

15. Sherry Hewins profile image92
    Sherry Hewinsposted 11 years ago

I started the 7 in 7 challenge on August 1. Sad to say it's now the 8th and I only managed to get 6 hubs posted in the 7 days. It was a valuable experiment, but I think I'll take this next week to go back and punch up those hubs a bit, I did feel rushed to just get them up there. Perhaps I'll try it again next week. Good luck to all.

1. profile image0

First, let me congratulate you on going 6/7 in the challenge, that's actually really great!

The main idea behind the "7-In-7" challenge (or any of the HubChallenges really), isn't so much about the quantity of the Hubs you put out, it's about increasing your activity level on HubPages in general.

The key to success on any of these sites (HubPages, Squidoo, Zujaza, Wizzley, etc) is activity. The more you're involved, by writing content, posting on forums, answering questions, and things like that, the better your chances for success overall.

I think taking the time to go back and "punch up" your Hubs is a great idea, by the way, and there's a new challenge every week, so you'll always be able to jump in at any time.

16. Billionaire4545 profile image61
    Billionaire4545posted 11 years ago
    1. profile image0

Awesome job!

Just a quick fyi: there is an official "HubChallengers" link thread, that's where they want us to put the links to our Hubs. We don't want to "incur the wrath of the whatever from high atop the thing" (a little West Wing humor there).

Here is the link for the official "promo" thread:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/18049

17. Sidewinder6661 profile image67
    Sidewinder6661posted 11 years ago

If the 7/7 is still running, I'd like to take part starting August 29th!
    Great idea, Hubdooblr! smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)