It is time for Hubpages to add an alternative to PayPal

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (26 posts)
  1. Chidimma Eunice Eneye profile image89
    Chidimma Eunice Eneyeposted 23 months ago

PayPal has been holding my money since March! It's more than 21 days and they haven't released it. I keep having this problem. Can hubpages look into other sites like Skrill and Payoneer? They are nice alternatives.

1. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
      Stephen Tomkinsonposted 23 months agoin reply to this

It might be a good idea to have an alternative - if only because PayPal doesn't operate in some countries.
      Has PayPal offered you an explanation for the delay?

Chidimma Eunice Eneyeposted 23 months agoin reply to this

None at all! I received an email confirming payment from Arena on April 28th but I am yet to receive the money in my PayPal account till date. I can't sue for $50 but I'm really considering it! Lol

2. quicksand profile image80
      quicksandposted 22 months agoin reply to this

In the initial stages we used to receive payment direct from Google AdSense and Amazon. I removed all my articles (except one) after this mode was replaced by the requirement to utilize PayPal. PayPal does not operate in my country.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
        Miebakagh57posted 22 months agoin reply to this

That's an understanding, and to be noted, as it equally apply to others.                                           Writers these days at hubpages need an option payment platform to enable them get their payment, where paypal is a challenge.

2. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
    Stephen Tomkinsonposted 23 months ago

My wife has had problems with delays. In her case, the money was registered as having been received by PayPal but would not be credited to her account for three weeks (?). She clicked on a link and declared that she had provided the service concerned - the money was then released quicker.
    As this doesn't seem to be the same as your situation, I suppose you'll have to email PayPal direct.
    Steve

Hmm. . . My money has been held for three weeks too. I'll give them a couple of days more.

2. Olealea profile image73
      Olealeaposted 23 months agoin reply to this

Do you have any idea on why is PayPal is behaving this way?

It's one whole month now and a couple of weeks and I am yet to receive payment from PayPal. No reasons at all from PayPal on why they have seized my money. It's frustrating! But I blame Hubpages. Every other online platform is using Payoneer now. Clickworker and Appen amongst others. Why has Hubpages refused to let PayPal go?

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 23 months ago

Paypal, is still a problem with many writers from the third world countries.                                        That's why alternate to  Paypal, like Payoneer is great for those from the underdeveloping countries.

4. Thomas Swan profile image97
    Thomas Swanposted 23 months ago

Paypal have been getting "political" as well - suspending the accounts of people or journalists for saying the wrong things. It really highlights the need to diversify the options here.

Miebakagh57posted 23 months agoin reply to this

Is it that because of the  American covid-19 scenario? Just curious.

1. Thomas Swan profile image97
        Thomas Swanposted 23 months agoin reply to this

COVID, January 6th, the Ukraine War. Every major event is now an excuse to silence people who are critical of the mainstream narrative, even if that narrative is shown to be wrong (in part) months later. Authoritarianism is on the rise, sadly. The weird thing is, it's coming from the so-called "liberals." The entire political spectrum has shifted so far to the right that there's no-one left to fight for free speech and actual liberal values anymore. So what's going to be the result of all that? I've never been more pessimistic about where society is going.

Sad indeed.                                      Then Hubpages should provide an option for all writers of other payment platform along side Paypal.                                        Those payment platform or system should have been acceptable in nearly most countries of the world, where or near where a writer is residing.                                I hope hubpages will look into this serious challenge.

5. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 23 months ago

Can you confirm the money actually was received by Paypal?  You need to send a query to them with the exact date, amount, and sender and keep escalating it until you get a reply about whether they have it and the status of it.

Whether the money is actually collected by paypal or not is not the challenge here. adding various payment options is.

2. Chidimma Eunice Eneye profile image89

PayPal sent an email confirming receipt of the money. Then they concluded by saying it might take a while for the money to reflect in my PayPal account.

1. Stephen Tomkinson profile image91
        Stephen Tomkinsonposted 23 months agoin reply to this

But didn't they tell you why?

No they did not.

1. Isivwe Muobo profile image71
            Isivwe Muoboposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Hi, I hope you've been able to get your money.

PayPal can be a little pain most times. I remember them closing my account and seizing the money received from a site I used to write on, channels.cc (now defunct).

I wish Hubpages would listen and roll out alternatives.

Miebakagh57posted 19 months agoin reply to this

IMHO, alternatives to Paypal are best. For example, bank wireing. As not all countries are Paypal complaint, alternative choses are the best. And best of all give each person a choice to ease Paypal worries and pains. This makes profound sense. Hubpages, hear it loud and clear!

1. Matt Wells profile imageSTAFF
                Matt Wellsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

We currently do not plan to add another form of payment besides PayPal.

Miebakagh57posted 19 months agoin reply to this

Matt, I don't think that new generations of writers specific from the developing or third world countries will like that.                                                     But consider that other online content writing sites has one or more payment platform beside Paypal. For example, Google has AdSense, bank wireing, check payments, and yes, money transfer.                                        Critically, all these payment systems make sense to serve the India Sub-Continent, Africa, Asia, America, and Europe.

2. Chidimma Eunice Eneye profile image89
              Chidimma Eunice Eneyeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

yes i got it after three months. it seems Hubpages get some kind of benefit from them because i really dont understand why they wont add an alternative. every other crowd-sourcing site uses two or more payment methods.

1. theraggededge profile image98
                theraggededgeposted 19 months agoin reply to this

HubPages isn't a crowd-sourcing site. And every other paying platform I've been on uses only one payment method... whether that be Squidoo, Adsense, Medium, or Vocal. The most used seem to be PayPal, Stripe, or direct bank transfer.

6. Thomas Swan profile image97
    Thomas Swanposted 22 months ago

Paypal is suspending the accounts of more independent journalists. Jackson Hinkle, Wyatt Reed, Alan McLeod, Mintpress News, etc. A worrying escalation in the war against free speech. Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoJZaGySugE

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)