jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

SUGGESTION: Filters to Search Hubs by Topic, Date Range, and Comments

1. EyesStraightAhead profile image87
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

I like to find Hubs that have been around for a while and don't have comments. There are so many great writers on here that we tend to keep going back where we are comfortable. Sometimes we find someone by chance on our feed. Other times, we completely miss a great hub because we were busy with other things, didn't check in for a little while or another reason.

Topic is already available by clicking on the link, so even if the filter was within each high-level topic, I would like to be able to say I want to return only hubs that are between 3 and 6 months old (or up to a year) and have 0 comments.

At the very least, I would like to be able to pull hubs by a date range, as I have to currently go to the topic, choose a subtopic, and then keep hitting the largest number until I reach my desired range (and they only go about 5 at a time, so in some categories, we are talking 15 minutes of searching to find a 90 day old hub.

Thanks for considering! Great work on the site and the new profiles.
    ~Shell

2. snakeslane profile image81
    snakeslaneposted 5 years ago

Good suggestion. I agree. So much gets lost, and wading through Best, Hot, and Latest takes forever.

3. EyesStraightAhead profile image87
    EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years ago

Are there any thoughts on whether this can happen or is an ongoing addition in the works?

Thanks!

4. MickiS profile image84
    MickiSposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion, EyesStraightAhead. I'm open to anything that makes the site easier to discover new content.

Is your suggestion for how you filter your Feed or how to filter your Search results? I'm not sure I understand quite which part of the site you are referencing.

In any case, happy to consider it. There will be a brand new Topics page coming (hopefully) coming next week that makes browsing content way easier (and way better looking). Stay tuned.

1. EyesStraightAhead profile image87
      EyesStraightAheadposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would like to search others' hubs, so before I hit "search" I would like an option to choose hubs older than six months, 3 months, 1 year. And would live to still see how many comments they have.

1. MickiS profile image84
        MickiSposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, lots of people do. So filtering a search by author would be a good feature, too. Thanks.

working