jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

What would you attempt to do if you KNEW you could not fail?

1. peachpower profile image61
    peachpowerposted 5 years ago

The quote above is one of my favorites. It is a beautiful question, and one that (if you let it), will make you think.

It's never too late.

So, what would you do?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like this philosophical question. smile

It does make a person think. So much so, that I haven't come up with an answer yet, but still working on it.

peachpowerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I see you're still mulling it over.... How goes the thinking?

2. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

Skydive without any mishaps, including landing.  Since I already have a lower back problem, don't think this will happen in my lifetime now...

Hi Denise! Have you considered using an indoor sky diving place?? They use huge fans to make it happen. Just a thought smile

3. Norman Stein profile image61
    Norman Steinposted 5 years ago

I would try to fail.

1. Denise Handlon profile image87
      Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. paradigmsearch profile image86
      paradigmsearchposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Now that was a good one. big_smile

1. Denise Handlon profile image87
        Denise Handlonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah...it was, smile

3. peachpower profile image61

Haha Norman!!! I needed that laugh... all the way up from my toes.

4. Lisa HW profile image80
    Lisa HWposted 5 years ago

I can't think of anything because the possibility of failing isn't something I've ever factored into my choice to try to do something.  (I'm not a thrill-seeking sort, so none of those thrill-seeking things that could result in disaster are even in the mix for me to chose from.)

Lisa HW, I love that positivity. Wow. I wish more people in the world would just go for it.

5. epigramman profile image73
    epigrammanposted 5 years ago

...spend some quality time with every member of the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders - lol lol lol lol - just kidding folks - actually and most sincerely because I want all of my 7 kids to see it - and their kids too - and that is bring world peace and have every country in the world represented in that Coke commercial where they all hold hands and sing "I would like to teach the world to sing"  - sounds a bit corny but let's face it - world peace is a really neat idea - and bring back Jesus too - to start the sing-a-long- I am serious here and a bit idealistic but it's a beautiful pure thoughts for genrations to come and living without nuclear threat ....... maybe John Lennon was right when he sang Imagine - lake erie time ontario canada 11:32pm  great question by the way

Thank you much, my Friend To The North smile I believe it's one of those questions that'll give ya a run for your money if you really, really, think about it. I'm right there with you on world peace. Nothing corny about it... The Dallas thing definitely got me giggling. Thank you for your input.

6. Shadesbreath profile image86
    Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago

It will sound like a dope-smoking hippy answer, but, since I "can't fail," I would bring equality and justice to the world.

Hi Shadesbreath!! Who cares what it sounds like?!? I'm all about equality AND justice... Where would you start? I know I'd shatter the 'glass ceiling' right off the bat. Fairly run-of-the-mill chick answer, of course, but I would. Comment appreciated!

7. Denise Handlon profile image87
    Denise Handlonposted 5 years ago

quit my job and write full time...it'd be a success, right?  smile

1. Shadesbreath profile image86
      Shadesbreathposted 5 years agoin reply to this

How many e-books do you have out? If you don't have any, then you are missing the sea change that writers of this moment in history have an opportunity to launch their ships from.

If you need help, or have questions, and this is really, truly a dream that you actually have the desire, motivation, discipline and educational qualifications for, feel free to hit me up via email. But most of everything you need to know is available from the Amazon Kindle KDP program (Just Google  Amazon KDP and start reading). It's simple, fast, easy, and, if your work is polished and interesting, profitable. Stop dreaming and GO. The window won't stay open forever. Suck it up, do the f-ing learning curve, and get in while the window is open. If you don't, you deserve every last lament you have about your "I could have been a writer" forty years from now.

working