"Goodbye To Hubpages Forums!" - Is Randy Godwin going to be banned?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (55 posts)
  1. God is in kitchen profile image61
    God is in kitchenposted 11 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7108341.jpg
    http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Goo … ges-Forums

Randy was outspoken of the 'malicious' practices of HubPages and it's staff. Now, in this hub where he explains what abuse he suffered, a hubber called Drax, so-called poet, came and called him - 'who rattled your cage... fuck off', ' it is interesting to deal (occasionally) with assholes of your magnitude', etc. Who is Drax?

Randy- "LOL! Thanks, EK! I wondered why he felt impelled to admonish me for my actions here, as well as, why he insulted Dusty too. 6 years here and twice the number of hubs I have and he still hasn't reached the 1,000,000 views accolade despite his claim to greatness. LOL!

Perhaps he is a staff member or moderator himself? That would make sense! smile

SSSSS"

2. thooghun profile image94
    thooghunposted 11 years ago

I agree that the forums need work, if it was up to me I'd scrap the whole thing and turn it into a forum for writers and literature. The moderation team would then be able to remain consistent. And that's where I agree with Randy.

Having said that, claiming that "things are heading downwards" very quickly might have less to do with calling someone a silly goose, than it does to comparing Hubpages to Nazism (the first picture in the hub) and generally throwing a hissy-fit, it is this vitriolic attitude that is perhaps the catalyst for censorship, more than any other variable.

He uses their own privately-owned platform to bash them, and then portrays himself a victim. Not sure if I agree.

God is in kitchenposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The first picture of the hub may have been used to say goodbye as well. Can't be sure, LOL lol

3. God is in kitchen profile image61
    God is in kitchenposted 11 years ago

They banned WD Curry 111 for no reason. Go ti his profile - http://wdcurry111.hubpages.com/ . HubPages is trying to cover up that WD has been banned. Is doesn't show the tag that 'Sorry, this user has been banned from HubPages."

Well, he has been banned. Say what?

When we were children, we played hide & seek. See how much HubPages can hide. They will ban anyone who questions their malicious practices. I may get as well. See ya all.

1. thooghun profile image94
      thooghunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

/boggle.

People get banned all the time, and you have no idea whether he was banned "for no reason" other than heresay.

Why on earth would HubPages care enough to cover this up? HP are a private company, and can ban and reinstate without your express consent. If an injustice occurred, where is the evidence? If you're going to accuse someone, feel free to make your case. If the fact that a "this user is banned" is missing from his profile is your strongest evidence, then wouldn't you agree there is no case at all?

Are you alluding to a greater conspiracy aimed at harming their own customers?  And why haven't you been banned for voicing your allegations? Actually, what ARE you insinuating?

It will be wrong to say no reason. I should have said 'little' reason. How did you get this illusion that what I am saying is from heresay? He gave his honest opinion about this site and its practices. See the same hub, Mr poet Drax used language which should not be in public to begin the case. Isn't this unfair practice to ban anyone who asks questions you don't like, and at the same time keeping the ones who can hurt and damage the way Drax did?

WD Curry 111 has been banned. A banned hubber's profile has a special tag, as you must know - "Sorry, this user has been banned." Look at WD Curry's profile, and it's missing - http://wdcurry111.hubpages.com/ . If you want to argue that he has not been banned, then that's another matter.

WD Curry 111 was a very popular hubber, and the hub which caused him getting banned, (Goodbye To Hubpages Forums! - http://randygodwin.hubpages.com/hub/Goo … ges-Forums ) is perhaps the most controversial hub around here too. There is much reason to cover up his ban. Now, it looks as if WD has quit hubpages, not banned. Get the point?

Is HubPages a dictator? This website will not run if the so-called hubbers drop their work, or leave this place. Do they not respect the people that are earning them the money? Is it so easy to cheat and manipulate? It sound like what we discussed yesterday.

I am not banned for the same reason that Randy Godwin is not banned, still, after writing that firing hub. He may get banned if HubPages finds the slightest clue that he can be banned for any misplaced word. Randy has decided not to go to forum for that reason.

I am no apprentice, so I have less reason to insinuate anyone or any group of people.

What does my being an apprentice have to do with anything? The reason I'm assuming it's hearsay is because it is. I do get your point, all I am saying is that it is pure speculation. Had you framed it as an opinion and not a fact I wouldn't be saying what I'm saying.

You are insinuating Hubpages of cheating and your best argument is pure speculation. You may, and here's what YOU don't seem to want to understand, infact be right! You may be right in everything you say.

Look I don't dislike you, or want to argue about this -- I enjoy our discussions precisely because we can disagree without knifing each other GiiK, however you have to admit that:

"Isn't this unfair practice to ban anyone who asks questions you don't like, and at the same time keeping the ones who can hurt and damage the way Drax did?"

Is pure speculation, simply because you are taking a small cross-section of cases and making them a large generalization.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Interesting claims.  If Drax made comments on Randys hub then Randy is responsible for letting them be "published" on the hub he owns.  If you think they are obscene and should not be here, blame Randy.

WD is banned, or so you claim although the only available evidence (lack of the words) says otherwise.  Has HP verified he is banned, or has he abandoned his profile here?

You claim a particular hub was the cause of his banning - has HP verified this?  How do you know this to be true? 

If HP wants to ban Randy, why wait for a misplaced word?  They can do it for any reason they want, or no reason.  Nor will a truly valid reason make any difference - there will still be people that claim otherwise.

1. William Curry3 profile image61
            William Curry3posted 11 years agoin reply to this

See, comrade, you have been taking the grass too much, you you don't get the drift around here anymore.

"WD is banned, or so you claim although the only available evidence (lack of the words) says otherwise.  Has HP verified he is banned, or has he abandoned his profile here?"

- WD has been banned and there is enough of evidence. Ask those who run this website, and they have the data. But, will they tell you the truth whether WD has been banned or not? Who can you trust here? You give an air as if you are being objective, but it seems otherwise in reality. Come on, lighten up! It's all a jole...

"You claim a particular hub was the cause of his banning - has HP verified this?  How do you know this to be true? "

- WD never did anything which might have caused the ban, except that he was vocal in Randy's hub. Get it? Check you, comrade.

"If HP wants to ban Randy, why wait for a misplaced word?  They can do it for any reason they want, or no reason."

- This sounds like a real joke. Is this site a Marxist government? You make the tourists laugh hard. If that is true, then they should advertise that whole thing before anyone makes the mistake of joining this site. Do they? Why will they frighten some poor, off souls before they venture to spend 10 months here like a fool? They need money, don't they? It comes sucking the unsuspected.

You seem to be an apprentice, so you have good reason to save this cheesy platform. Get the smell of something sinking, bootlegger?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

There is no comparison between WDcurry who acted like an ass uncountable times, and Randy who generally doesn't.

Is it hearsay when one sock testified bout the activities of another?  Or is it 'socksay'?

4. ptosis profile image68
    ptosisposted 11 years ago

Banning hubbers is like banned books - makes me want to read them even more to find out what the great big mystery is.

Very often, that mystery is ugly.

haha it's true, now I went and did my research about all this. However, a trip on the Hub Hopper is another way of seeing why 90% are banned eventually, and it isn't very exciting at all tongue

5. Uninvited Writer profile image80
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

Why don't you just go on with your life and forget about Hubpages. Is your life that empty?

*clatter of pitchforks hitting the ground* tongue

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1.

6. wavegirl22 profile image49
    wavegirl22posted 11 years ago

This is an interesting thread from someone who joined 2 days ago and has no hubs. I guess after 2 days you are the maven on the how they will ban anyone who questions their malicious practices.

Talk about malicious practices and the game of hide and seek. Truly you are the best example of how to play that game.

1. ptosis profile image68
      ptosisposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe he was banned and came back to life under a different account.

1. wilderness profile image95

Ya think?  There seems to be a rash of that lately...lol

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
          wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

it is what it is and sad to say but expected out here on the internet. More then obvious that 'God is in kitchen'  is a sock  . ..  like I said 2 days here, 0 hubs yet is here to defend the writers who have been scorned by the malicious practices of the staff . . puleeeze!

Maybe he should go busy himself and write something, hopefully not here on Hubpages.

Yep!  It actually gets funny after a while, seeing all these puppets come around "defending" WD and vilifying HP.  I wish I had that much time to spare!

1. wavegirl22 profile image49
              wavegirl22posted 11 years agoin reply to this

+1
              true entertainment!

1. gmwilliams profile image86

This is indeed a soap opera and reality show of sorts.

2. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yup.  Last time he was God made science.

roll

7. paradigmsearch profile image60
    paradigmsearchposted 11 years ago

Hey, Randy. I miss you. I hope all is well.

8. Healthy Pursuits profile image81
    Healthy Pursuitsposted 11 years ago

I have to ask....who ARE you? WD? Randy? Come on! Fess up!

And isn't this just a little ridiculous, all this fussing? You seem to think that a privately owned website has to live up to your expectations or to be reamed in their own forums. If you took the time to create and maintain a website - which you probably don't have much left over if your life is loaded down with conspiracy theories - would you like it if people accused you of all kinds of nutty stuff - again, on your own website?  I know I wouldn't. My finger would be hovering over the delete button while I prayed that my accuser miraculously developed some common sense.

So if Randy gets banned because he's obsessing and making a mess all over, then he'll just have to be a big boy and move on. While I wouldn't like it if he did, I also can see that he's not inclined to shut the hell up either. Why does this kind of rant have to continue, no matter how many monikers it is ranted under?

1. Beth Godwin profile image69
      Beth Godwinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't usually chime in when it comes to Randy since he is my husband, but since he cannot defend himself on this forum, I intend to.  You insinuated that he has returned to the forums under another name, and this is completely untrue.  I know this for a fact.  If other people have stood up for him and WD Curry then they believe it is the right thing to do.  On hubpages ,this appears to take a person with courage since retaliation is a real threat. No wonder other hubbers use sock puppets, while pointing out unfair practices,  to keep  from being banned .   And yes, I think Randy has been banned unfairly.  I have seen many people who should have been banned ( no names being given) that were allowed to continue to post while others are banned for petty reasons.  While some may not agree with what Randy has to say, he should be allowed to give his opinion, without retaliation.  I think some things just hit to close to home for some people.  As for hubpages being a private site and able to ban at will, this is true, but it certainly makes them look bad and unfair.  This is not good for business .

1. Reality Bytes profile image74
        Reality Bytesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The insinuation that Randy is trolling these forums using sockpuppet accounts is wrong.  Those of us that know him will have no problem defending his character.

If Randy says he has only one account, it is fact!   It is not really fair to call someone out in a forum that is unable to defend himself.

Those members that wish to make accusations should at least make them in a place that will allow Randy to give his side!

Nice to meet you Mrs. Godwin  smile

Nice to met you as well. I agree, hubbers should not attack fellow hubbers who cannot defend themselves.  In my opinion, it's easy to throw stones at someone who can't throw them back at you! LOL

Send my best to Randy, Beth, although we never really got along. He stereotyped me based on an icon next to my name and I took offense. But I agree that he was not duplicitous and dishonest. I respect people who are direct. And for that reason I respect Randy. Getting along is secondary. I'd rather see him here than not.

9. Pearldiver profile image66
    Pearldiverposted 11 years ago

I've always enjoyed both Randy's and Drax's contributions here and both are fully competent at the skill of expressing their 'views' meaningfully!  Both also have always had a very healthy loyalty to this site and today the thoughts of one who feels that his loyalty has been openly disrespected and undermined are being discussed in this thread, completely out of context.  Drax was perhaps more direct and respectfully did point out that he had not called Randy a Richard Head, which of course would have been inappropriate and perhaps factually applies more fittingly to someone other than an upset Randy!

10. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I believe the insinuation is that *WD Curry* not Randy is trolling with sock puppets--which is clearly correct. He is just trying to drag Randy into his rampage.

It was said " WHO are you WD? Randy? Fess up."  This was insinuating  that Randy could be the party in question.  I just wanted to state the facts for the record.  I can't speak for WD.  smile

11. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

Well, That would clearly be false.  Only Randy is Randy smile

12. PaulGoodman67 profile image94
    PaulGoodman67posted 11 years ago

I think it's fair to say that Randy and I generally find each other mutually irritating - but I don't think he's a sockpuppeteer, plus the 'voice' of the sockpuppets definitely sounds WDCurryish!  wink

I didn't know Randy had a wife!  How many more members of the Godwin clan are on here?  lol  big_smile

LOL  Surprised?  Even the snake has a mate.  We have grown kids but we are the only ones on Hubpages.

13. profile image0
    Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years ago

You know something?

Try and do a search for why hubbers are banned. You will not find a single reason on the web - only conjecture.

In other words, if HP was actually doing something unethical and illegal, you would have all these people who are banned writing about it elsewhere. They aren't. So I'm pretty sure there are legitimate reasons.

There is ALWAYS a legitimate reason.

Of course there is - HP doesn't roll dice to see who gets banned today, and they don't cut their income by banning hubbers producing their income without a good reason.

Of course the definition of "legitimate" is likely to differ a little between HP and the banned hubber...smile

The banned hubber always believes that he/she is right although evidence reveals quite the contrary.

Please advise me as to where this evidence is to be found.

2. Repairguy47 profile image60
            Repairguy47posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really? I was banned once and when asked why I was told it was by mistake. Seems you really don't know as much as you think.

2. Beth Godwin profile image69

Are you just guessing or are YOU personally aware of all the reasons people are banned? I am not aware that hubpages advertises the reasons hubbers are banned.

14. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 11 years ago

The banned user more often than not knows why, perhaps they just don't like to admit to themselves.

As in the previous post the user was not aware of why they were banned and were told it was an error.  Randy was told the same thing on one occasion. I'm not saying hubbers are always banned for no reason, but unless the remark is really egregious , hubbers should receive a warning PRIOR to being banned that their comments ect....are unacceptable.  Most people will admit if they are rightfully accused, especially if prison is not involved, but nobody wants to admit they wrongfully accused someone.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
        Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't thinking specifically of Randy, to be honest. I think Randy may have taken the but for some of the "nutters" that we've had posting on HP. Unfortunately, it may be that one "off the cuff" comment with no malicious intent, had landed him in trouble due to the spammers and trolls that are hellbent on bring this site down. 

Perhaps that's why some kind of appeals process may be in order.

I agree that an appeal process would be in order where the issue is brought up in front of an unbiased panel to review the offence. But, the rulings should alway be consistant among all hubbers equally.   Somes moderators (especially new ones) can be over zealous at times.  However, a warning prior to banning someone would not be amiss.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
            Hollie Thomasposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I think a warning would be a good idea. I'm sorry to hear that Randy was banned, btw. I can think of one or two that I'd much rather see banned.

15. IzzyM profile image86
    IzzyMposted 11 years ago

I miss Randy's posts in the forums. He was one of the few hubbers I would read just because I saw them posting.

He was blunt and to the point, but I never saw him post anything that was against TOS, well hardly ever.

He'd get another ban and I'd go looking to see what for, and not find it!!

We are on a different time-scale, so it must all have happened when I was sleeping, or shopping, or something.

In other words, his bannings smacked of victimization.

I just wonder who sat there at their computer and thought to themselves, "what else can I get him on?"

Someone must have been very cosy with the flag button.

Either that, or a staff member followed his posts looking for faults.

Why?

As neither scenario seems probable, there must have been another reason.

Obviously.

Probably his outspoken-ness.

Hey what happened to freedom of speech, that great cornerstone of all that is American?

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And before someone points out that HP is a private commercial enterprise that can do what they like, remember that one of the best reasons for setting up a forum like this, is that is gets people talking.
      All those posts get indexed, and in turn help promote the site.

2. profile image0
      Sophia Angeliqueposted 11 years agoin reply to this

The one thing I still don't get over here is why HP would ban anyone if they weren't doing something harmful to HP?

1. IzzyM profile image86

You are assuming HP actually know what they are doing?

I'm not going to argue that point, as at this moment I am waiting with baited breath for the magical return of traffic due to idled hubs.

1. profile image0

Oh, Izzy, you made me laugh! I've long given up on traffic. However, I am finding joy in focusing on other aspects of writing. smile

1. IzzyM profile image86

I find joy in simple things smile Let me know if what you have found is simple. Like me smile

1. profile image0

Okay, it's laughter night. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)