jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (12 posts)

Bye bye Zzzzs

1. Mark Ewbie profile image84
    Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago

I was a bit put out by the initial Zzzz thing.  My lovely writing - all a bit rubbish and unwanted.  So I cheated and refreshed the pointless pages.

Now I am in the swing of it.  I almost look forward to the next Z - and there have been quite a few.

Pointless, up myself, content with no purpose to anyone and no keywords too.  I should have deleted or reworked them myself but the truth was I couldn't be bothered.

My income and traffic remain the same even though I have now deleted about 40 pages.

So what was the point of pages that no one visits?

Something I could go back and read myself for my own ego?

Good riddance in my opinion.  They weren't good enough and now they are gone / going.

Bring 'em on HP.  I'm ready with the Delete button.

1. That Grrl profile image78
      That Grrlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

What a shame you would delete your posts. Why not save them and put them on Blogger as an archive? It would bring your Hub posts more traffic, at least send people from another direction. You could even archive all your posts and just keep the busiest up on HubPages.

Your posts are unique, different from those writing about salad tongs, etc. Creative writing doesn't get a lot of traffic here but it's value is in the whole collection versus just one idle post by itself.

Mark Ewbieposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Thanks TG, I'll be careful what I do with the ones that deserve some care.

2. paradigmsearch profile image84
    paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago

This is a longshot, but are you signed up with http://www.linkedin.com/ and using your hubs as a portfolio?

I think I have a linkedin login but I haven't been there in a couple of years.  I'm not sure what direction I'm going in but I am writing my first attempt at a novel,.  Five thousand words today.  Quite pleased.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
        paradigmsearchposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Let me know when you're done. I'll distract HP while you post a link. big_smile

Oh it will be weeks... but I'll let you know wink

1. CASE1WORKER profile image78
            CASE1WORKERposted 5 years ago in reply to this

That is good news- I have enjoyed the stories that you have written on HP

2. Shadesbreath profile image86
        Shadesbreathposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'Bout time.

3. That Grrl profile image78
        That Grrlposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Avoid LinkedIn. They phish everyone in your address book, claiming you have invited them to join LinkedIn. Took me over a year to make LinkedIn finally and fully delete my account and stop using my email address as if I were inviting people to join the site.

Good work on the book Mark. The only way to do it is to keep your butt glued to the chair and your fingers on the keyboard.

4. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Happy 5k, Mark!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Of course, that means I can't type anything, but it's all about supporting your friends.

big_smile

3. Horatio Plot profile image83
    Horatio Plotposted 5 years ago

Book, newspaper column, whatever. You'll smash it Mark. Britain's been waiting for a decent comedy writer since the sad death of Miles Kington.

working