jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (26 posts)

Zero dollars earned Sun, Oct 28

1. Will Apse profile image87
    Will Apseposted 4 years ago

Is this a technical problem or a real report? There is no asterisk.

1. UnnamedHarald profile image93
      UnnamedHaraldposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm pretty sure it's a technical problem. I see the same thing and I believe I've seen it before and it was sorted out. Keeping my eye on it though.

2. dannycarrey profile image51
      dannycarreyposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Same here! Zero dollars on sunday!

2. CASE1WORKER profile image79
    CASE1WORKERposted 4 years ago

me three!!

3. sabrebIade profile image80
    sabrebIadeposted 4 years ago

Yeaaaaah...I see the same thing and like Will said....no asterisk....

4. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago

You might have noticed this:

HubPages Earnings Program Update: Ad Program earnings for October 26-29 are still pending. We will have the data updated shortly. Thanks for your patience!

5. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

I see these messages so often that I don't even pay attention anymore.  I barely notice, feel a momentary twinge of disappointment, and go on with what I was doing with a shrug of the shoulders.

Apparently, HP gets "held up" by slow reporting from those who are buying the ads.  It's out of our control, and not worth an instant of worry.  It will show up within a week's time, so don't waste energy stewing about it.  Put that energy into your next Hub, instead.

6. bankscottage profile image93
    bankscottageposted 4 years ago

Same thing for me for 10/28.  Never made much per day and in October my daily amounts have gone down.  $0.00 would be a new low, unless it goes negative and they take money back.  Currently on my "Traffic sources" page it lists HubPages as "minus 14" (-14) for the day.

7. SmartAndFun profile image91
    SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago

The fact that there's no asterisk next to the 0.00 makes it look final and official. However, with so many people reporting 0.00, this it must be a glitch. I know I had a decent number of views that day, especially for a Sunday.

8. brianlokker profile image90
    brianlokkerposted 4 years ago

Zero for me on Sunday too. But I had another zero day earlier in the week, and in general, my meager earnings have become even more meager over the past month or so, consistent with a significant drop in traffic. I hardly bother to check anymore.

9. Barbara Kay profile image88
    Barbara Kayposted 4 years ago

I had a lot of views that day and still have 0. Just wait it out and it should be corrected. If not, we all need to report it to staff.

10. moonlake profile image89
    moonlakeposted 4 years ago

0.00 for me too on that day.

11. LQWILLIams profile image86
    LQWILLIamsposted 4 years ago

Zero for me too. Glad I not alone.

12. Christa Michelle profile image61
    Christa Michelleposted 4 years ago

I had zero too, but now they changed it to $0.09, and they took some of the money they had posted for Saturday. I now have made less! This is the first time I have seen my total change and go down. How can they do that???? I am new on here, but if they are already showing I made money on a day how can they take it back?? I know it is just pennies but it is the point and it shows me how unreliable this is. I've only been on here for less than a month and I want to know I'm not wasting my time.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
      Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The earnings are estimates. They change after Adsense and Ebay audit things.

2. SmartAndFun profile image91
      SmartAndFunposted 4 years ago in reply to this

What uninvitedwriter said. As long as the numbers have an asterisk* by them, they are not final and may end up going up or down. Once the * disappears, you can know that amount is final. These shifts happen fom time to time; fairly frequently, actually.

3. bankscottage profile image93
      bankscottageposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I understand the earnings are estimates and countless things that go into calculating you earnings.  But, the bottom line is we have to accept what HPs tells us our earnings are.  I wouldn't have the faintest idea on how to verify its accuracy.  I just have to accept it.

1. Christa Michelle profile image61
        Christa Michelleposted 4 years ago in reply to this

They should have a better way of proving they aren't being dishonest.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image83
          Uninvited Writerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I have no doubts they are honest in reporting earnings or else I would not still be here.

13. Christa Michelle profile image61
    Christa Michelleposted 4 years ago

how much is everyone actually making? I have been on here for 4 weeks. I have made less than $5

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Hi Christa I only earned 15 cents here after writing my first 10 hubs but writing is a pleasant way to spend the evenings so I continued. I am now earning every month, after having been on here 5 months (the payments are delayed one month, so it was actually after 4 months that I started earning enough for monthly payment).
      If you do not mind the investment of time, and enjoy the writing, it is a good use of time. If you expect a payment in a few months it is probably not going to happen.

Thank you smile  My first goal was to try and write something everyday because I love writing and wanted to practice doing so more. Now that I am writing often I have set the goal to make a monthly pay out. It gives me something to work on smile I appreciate your help.

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
          DrMark1961posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I just looked at your profile page. You have a really inquisitive mind and I am sure you will do great!

thank you smile

14. DzyMsLizzy profile image91
    DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years ago

Well, today I have fallen even further behind.  For a while, I was making about a buck and change a day -- so if it was the 10th of the month, I'd have accumulated, say for example, $10.41.  Now, it is the 18th of the month, and I'm three bucks behind.....  :-(

15. dwachira profile image85
    dwachiraposted 4 years ago

Hi Will Apse,
    I had this reporting on my earnings a while back, it had no asterisk as you stated and i thought that was the final reporting on my earning for the day, however, the following day it was rectified to read $1.23. So don't worry, keep watching, am sure it is a technical hitch.

working