Payout projections LOL!

Jump to Last Post 1-14 of 14 discussions (26 posts)
  1. janshares profile image92
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I calculated that if my page views continue at their current rate, I'll get my first payout in 2016!!! I better go get back to happy hubbing. Also, received my first Zzz tonight, a sleepy poem. Ho hum. Forgive my humorous cynicism but I do believe that as I produce more quality-optimized and search engine optimized, potentially money-making hubs, it will get better over time. What's the average time it takes to start seeing significant organic traffic after joining hps?

2. Frank Atanacio profile image75
    Frank Atanacioposted 11 years ago

You're probably correct in your payout..  but I think it's the types of hubs that people want to visit during search engines.. poetry and creative writing is so saturated that there's just too much to pick and choose..I have over 20,000 views and been here close to 2 years now.. and my first-out wouldn't be here until maybe  July or August of 1213.. if I keep the same amounts of views or better  if I fall short  I'll have to add on another year..  but  the writing and hubs are much better here  that's why I like Hubpages..  now Triond pays out every month  whether it's a dollar or ten dollars you get it right away  now years of waiting.. just the quality of writing is not so good.. that's the only difference between these two sites... happy writing.. smile

jansharesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, Frank, for validating and shedding a realistic light on my calculations for first payout. I don't plan to go anywhere, I like it here, too. It's a great learning environment. However, I am more motivated now to stop neglecting my business website and start wrting more there.

3. aravindb1982 profile image76
    aravindb1982posted 11 years ago

It depends on what you write. If you write something which people have a need to know, you will get a lot of views. In the case of poems, at best people might google for 'love poems' or 'birthday poems'. ON any other topics, I do not see much traffic flowing.

In my case, I have had the great chance of spending 2 decades with Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, my Master and all the 150 or so blogs I have written are on my experiences with Him. It took me 9 months to get my first payout. There are millions or people around the globe who follow my Master and would love to know first-hand experiences with Him. So, my readership began to grow. Now, I get payouts once in every two months and I have been here on HP for about 15 months.

I hit 100,000 views after 1 year. And now, within 15 months, I have had 270,000 views.

So, it is all about what you write. smile

I hope that helped.

Very, very, helpful. I read one of your hubs when I joined HP :-) Thank you so much for putting it truthfully about the need to be patient and persevere and really have a handle on what people want.

4. Thundermama profile image90
    Thundermamaposted 11 years ago

Hi Jan, I seem to be on the same trajectory as you. I've been at this for a little over 7 months and am only now at the $20 mark. Still a long way to go. I have learned a lot though and it sounds like you have too. If you're here to hone your skills as a writer then forget about the money and just enjoy. If you would like to see some cash then less poetry and more highly searched topics are the key. Tip: I sometimes head over to Yahoo to see what's trending and see if i can write a hub based on one of those topics.

Hi Thundermama, thanks for the validation, support, and advice. Your reply is quite helpful.

5. profile image0
    redwhiskeypeteposted 11 years ago

I don't know what is going on but almost all my hubs are geting zero views, a month ago I was geting many views  Seems like I hit a wall. I follow my hubs daily so I know this is very different. I like to write just for the pleasure but would like fair compensation.

I hear ya redwhiskeypete. It can take the wind out of your sail. I haven't been here long so I don't know any different. But my views are steady for several of my hubs.

6. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

After about 8 months, I started getting a payout every month. I've now been here a year and 3 months. I had 100,000 views at one year, and I'm already getting close to 200,000, so traffic is building at a faster pace. I think it does depend what you write about. My hubs that do the best are hubs on saving money, holiday hubs, some recipes, and some of my poetry that is search-friendly. Keep working at it!  Good luck.

Thanks, Victoria, I will.

7. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

I am no expert at this and have not been at this long enough to furnish expert advice, but from looking at your profile page I would think you would have a lot of views/page visits if you focused on a few niche areas in which you are knowledgeable, such as Tai Chi and mental health issues. If someone is searching for instruction in Tai Chi, and comes across your name every time he searches, that would make him more likely to look at your articles. According to the hubber phoenixlives they should also all be linked to each other. Be sure to use an RSS capsule in each hub, too, so that readers can find your best/most popular hubs.
    I made payout after 5 months. Most of my hubs about health, the area in which I feel I should have the most views, are poorly searched for. I wrote a hub on Slentrol, a new weight loss drug for dogs, and althougth it is on page one of google it has only had 50 views. Another hub, What to do when your dog bites someone, is further back and has had over 5000 views. The lesson? The page views happen when you write about what people are searching for.
    There is a hubber from Nigeria, Dwachira, that has had a lot more page views than I have. You should take a look at his profile page for ideas.

Thanks so much, Dr.Mark, very helpful observations and advice. I've had a feeling that my problem is that my lack of tech savvy is preventing me from optimizing my hubber potential. I couldn't even figure out how to do the RSS feed even though read it. I also haven't attempted to link similar hubs together. I also know that I should be doing more on mental health but I was trying to reserve those types of articles for my business website. I did two hubs on relationhships but they're actually poems with text. Thanks again, I will do the research you suggest. I appreciate your vote of confidence.

8. tamron profile image68
    tamronposted 11 years ago

The first couple of years I was here I don't count because I only had 5 hubs.  So I really started getting active the past year and a half.  Once I started writing hubs regularly it took me 9 months to reach my first payout 6 months on my second and about 4months on my third payout and now I am fixing on making my 4th. payout.  I am hoping I will reach payout every month by my 6th. payout or sooner.

Wow, tamron, thanks for that. I'm really getting a clearer understanding about how this works for most hubbers.

9. 2besure profile image80
    2besureposted 11 years ago

LOL!  I only use adsense.

If I recall correctly, 2besure, the payout threshold is twice that of HP, right? So is that really any better?

10. safiq ali patel profile image68
    safiq ali patelposted 11 years ago

Hey guys. Don't just stick with Google Adsense. Turn your Hubpages advertising programme on too. And remember the more you write and publish the more you will earn. I added just one extra hub last month as saw my earnings rise. Put your ideas in the Adwords tool. If you find that millions of people are searching for the words in your ideas that you plan to turn into hubs then you know you are onto a winner. Also remember that if a subject or topic has low competition then the results for you in financial terms could be even bigger. And yes I agree. Hubpages is not a get rich scheme. But with time, effort, well planned hubs that are linked and promoted on social networking sites will get results. It is all about good quality and good quantity. Put your best ideas through the keyword tool And do lots of reading through hubs, and questions and forums and your will piece together a winning set of hubs. Good luck and keep in touch. From Safiq Ali Patel.

Thank you so much, Safiq, for your generous advice. I have not yet used the adwords tool. Everytime I attempt, I don't make time for the steps (you have to join) and I stop to do something else. It sounds like it's important because it keeps coming up on other helpful forums. I will keep in touch, you too. Thanks again.

11. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 11 years ago

When I signed up I wrote one hub my first month, then one the second month.  The third month I found out you could make money doing that (I was unemployed at the time and that woke me up) and I got serious about it all.  Four months later I had around 80 hubs and made my first payout from Adsense (no HPads then)

How?  Mostly hard work.  For those 4 months I probably averaged 4 hours per day studying the learning center, forum posts on the subject and reading hubs on SEO.  Another 4 hours writing hubs.

Advice, then - learn to write what HP terms "stellar" hubs (look it up).  Learn how to use the keyword tool properly and stop writing hubs (if applicable) that people aren't looking for.  Learn basic SEO and how to use keywords without overdoing it.  All of this information is on HP, especially the learning center - spend a few weeks studying and learning.  When you have a good grasp on what constitutes a good hub and properly using basic SEO techniques, write a hundred or so hubs.  Unless you have all day to work on it this will probably take a year, but you will then have a portfolio of hubs that will produce income.

Great realistic advice, wilderness. Thank you. Time is key. I've read a lot of the tool hubs and other information, random hubs, etc. but applying it is the challenge. Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

12. Dr. Poeta Diablo profile image81
    Dr. Poeta Diabloposted 11 years ago

Like one of the other comments, the type of hubs (i.e Topics or "niches" which so many SEOs like to call it) has a huge impact of your earning potential. I would be a great example of going through exactly what you went through.

If you look through some of my earliest hubs since I joined, they can considered meaningless. To this day, they have probably accumulated less than 1000 views altogether.

And now have a quick look at a more "niche" hub such as ones targeting a specific product, or ones targeting specific keyword and phrase. You can tell the difference between these and the original "meaningless" hubs very clearly. The only difference would be learning how to research keywords and fundamental SEO skills such as backlinking/interlinking between your own hubs etc

From hubs that has generated 1000 views over a 2 year time frame, to multiple hubs that generate 500 views each, per day, I say don't give up but understand it is all about choosing the right keywords and building up that passive income portfolio step by step.

Thank you kindly, Dr. Diablo, very helpful. I know now what I need to do.

13. daisydayz profile image85
    daisydayzposted 11 years ago

Hello all, Well this is my 7th month and fingers crossed I will actually make payout at the end of the month, $14 needed! It does really depend on what you write as I get very little views on some pages from external sources, but then others seem to be a flying success. I have had 13,500 views so far. 70% from organic search engines I think.

Good luck Janshares I hope you earnings pick up a little and you dont really have to wait till 2016!

Thnx daiseydayz, good luck to u too.

14. sofrugalme profile image39
    sofrugalmeposted 11 years ago

Funny, it's so hold on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)