jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (11 posts)

HubPages Graph Not Matching Up With Actual Views?

1. Max Dalton profile image80
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Does the graph on anyone else's My Account page not seem to be lining up with the views they're seeing on that same page? The numbers that seem to be illustrated in the graph look a bit higher than what it was reported I actually got.

Then again, maybe I'm seeing things wrong, lol.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Can you provide screenshots, numbers, and examples of what you see as discrepancies?

Max Daltonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi Matt,

Any chance you can drop me your email address and I'll send some screenshots to you? I don't know that the screenshots I can supply will really address anything, but I can explain over email.

Best,

Max.

@Max You can email team@hubpages.com. 
          You can put "attention Matt M" in the subject to make sure I see it.

Max Daltonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hey Matt,

I just wanted to drop you a line and say thanks for looking over the email I sent and taking the time to explain. I've looked at the Google Analytics for my sight before and thought it was really cool, but that's a lot of info to parse through, lol.

Thanks again.

Max.

You are very welcome Max.

Google Analytics can, indeed, be a bit overwhelming with all the info it presents.

Would it be helpful to be able to change the period of time displayed in the graph?  If so, you might want to suggest adding that feature here:
              http://hubpages.com/forum/category/6634

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image94
      DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about views, but I have sure noticed that the right-hand side of the graph seems to be "stuck" at July 28, 2012.  Here it is November!
      Shouldn't the left-hand side of the graph, representing older views (such as way back when we first signed up), be sliding off the screen to the left, and a more current date shown on the right?????

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

No, they automatically shrink the graph as the time lengthens. Your start date will always be there. As to the end date, the last date does not represent that. The last date represents what is right above it. The end of the graph will always represent the present (or very close to it).

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image94
          DzyMsLizzyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hmm...  "The last date represents what is right above it."  ...Well, what is "right above" it?? That segment takes up a good  inch and a fraction of space on the screen.  It represents what's right above what?  The first letter of the month?  The middle of the date?  The end? 
          It's not clear enough. Why have to try and count out lines to see the information?

1. paradigmsearch profile image86
            paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hang in there!

Look at your beginning date. See how the exact middle of it is where the graph starts? Same with the last date. Above the exact middle of it is the data for that date. I know, the internet is a tough town... big_smile

2. Max Dalton profile image80
    Max Daltonposted 4 years ago

Cool, Matt. I'll send some screenshots to you in a bit. Thanks for looking into this.

working