jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Another gateway for search engines to discover pending, noindex hubs?

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

When a new hub is published, the hub's images immediately appear on the Recent Images section of the profile page. When the search engine follows those links...?

2. Glenn Stok profile image99
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

If you are using Google Analytics then Google already knows about your new hubs anyway -- from your Google Analytics code snippets inserted in the HTML..

The only way to hide new hubs completely from Google is to remove all tracking methods. HP already leave off the AdSense code until a hub is featured. But the Google Analytics code is still in there. However, I prefer this as it is. I like to be able to track traffic from the start. I wouldn't want to loose that ability.

1. janderson99 profile image67
      janderson99posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah But! - you bypass pending - We go straight to jail and don't collect $200.
      IMO it would be best to leave pending hubs as unpublished (innocent until proven guilty). I think all of these NOINDEX tags that the bot encounters could be destroying the reputation of subs. It's a pain to have to submit every hub to webmasters to get indexed.

1. brakel2 profile image82
        brakel2posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Many hubs written since  the changes are on a page somewhere and get   very little traffic .My hubs used to be more visible. I do get more traffic from my other hubs, so I am grateful for that turn of events from last week..

2. derek gulbranson profile image82
      derek gulbransonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Glen, Google does not use Google Analytics to inform it's search bots of new URLs to crawl. If it did, you could not use Google Analytics for any non-public site or pages, which is definitely not the case.

3. derek gulbranson profile image82
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

Thanks for pointing this out. We'll look into it.

4. paradigmsearch profile image93
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

Just an update. I do believe that this is my 3rd hub in a row that has been indexed within 24 hours of leaving Pending. All seems well in the neighborhood. smile

1. Matthew Meyer profile image76
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sorry for my delay in responding.
      Did you get the information you needed?

1. paradigmsearch profile image93
        paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Paradigmsearch is confused (as usual). What info?

For what it's worth, I'm a happy camper.

5. derek gulbranson profile image82
    derek gulbransonposted 4 years ago

I did look into this an confirmed that, even though the photos from Hubs that are not Featured do show up on the recent photos section of the profile, the Hub URL is not included and therefore Google wouldn't be able to use it to discover Hubs that are not Featured.

Due to the way those images are cached on the profile page, the amount of effort required to only show recent photos from Featured hubs would be a lot of work for very little pay off, so we're comfortable leaving this as is for now.

Closed to reply

working