My hubber score refuses to rise!

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (28 posts)
  1. NotPC profile image59
    NotPCposted 11 years ago

I just want someone to tell me why I have a pathetic hubber score of 63...

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

3 years... You are correct in your inquiry, Get rid of the sex? Not fair. But what is?

2. tammybarnette profile image61
      tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

After seeing how many follow you, I wouldn't care about the score...your obviously a very popular writer:)

2. tussin profile image57
    tussinposted 11 years ago

I see you unfollowed a ton of people as I suggested before, so depending on how recently you did that, it might take a while for the score to rise.  I don't think that alone will put you into the 80s though. It's truly weird, dude.

1. paradigmsearch profile image60
      paradigmsearchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Let's chat.

1. NotPC profile image59
        NotPCposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I'm very interested! Sorry it took me so long to respond. I was watching a wrestling tournament at the local college and only just returned home.

My best line of contact is email: jzane646@gmail.com

I look forward to hearing from you!

3. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 11 years ago

It's constantly fluctuates. Some days mine is in the 70's and some days it's in the 80's. your hubs are good, so probably not much to worry about.

1. NotPC profile image59

Literally the only reason I want my score to go up is so that I am above the 75 mark so my hubs will be rid of the "no follow" burden.

4. NotPC profile image59
    NotPCposted 11 years ago

Does anyone else have any suggestions to me about what is wrong with my HubPages to be lowering my hubber score so dramatically?

1. innerspin profile image89
      innerspinposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hubber scores are a mystery to me, but they don't seem to be all about your hubs. I think the average hub score is relevant. Using the hub hopper, ( I still prefer the classic version,) does appear to raise your score. Make sure you rate what you read. I skip a lot that are of no personal interest. Answer a couple of questions every day or so, it doesn't take long. And use the forums a bit, as you do already.  Seems to me we're "rewarded" for using HP, spending some time here, by the score rising. Sometimes I look at my score and think, oops, better go and do something else!

1. NotPC profile image59

Haha thanks for the tips. I did a bit of Hub Hopping earlier and you quickly start to see what good pages look like and what bad pages look like. If nothing else, that experience will help you write better hubs in the future.

2. jandee profile image80
      jandeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maybe you should stop 'sacking' us !
      like follow someone then when they follow you you say bye,bye,
      not very nice ,
      jandee       sorry if I am mistaken but that is how it looks

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jandee, I wouldn't take it personally. NotPC is just trying to raise his hubber score. Whenever someone goes on a "following spree" and follows tons of writers in a short period of time, it seems to lower their hubber score. NotPC was advised to unfollow a bunch of hubbers in an attempt to raise his score. I don't think he was trying to pull any tricks.

1. jandee profile image80

Thanks for explanation-just seemed  strange.

1. Jean Bakula profile image87
            Jean Bakulaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi Not PC,
            Sometimes I think my score is abnormally low too. It seems to help if you hub hop, and go on the forums a little more. Of course, they can get controversial, so pick one that won't get you in trouble. Otherwise I can't explain it either. I've also had a big jump from asking a question of other hubbers, but again, if it's political or religious, it can be more aggravation than it's worth. You aren't responsible for where the thread goes though, so start a few and don't post after the initial question. All those things should get you out of the dreaded "under 75" range. Did you start taking off your RSS feeds? My scores took a big dive even though I just took off a few a week. Check those out. Best wishes.

5. theodoresumrall profile image59
    theodoresumrallposted 11 years ago

I had similar problem with me but when I started Indulging in forums, answers and hub comments, I was up!

1. teaches12345 profile image76
      teaches12345posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I would agree that this does help. Join those if interest to you.

6. profile image0
    Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years ago

I can understand why you want to get above 75, but it's otherwise not that important if you ask me. You could try taking part in the "Answers" section of HubPages. It made my score rise a bit when I answered a few questions. Commenting on hubs and helping out with the Hub Hopper thing could also help. That's what I would do if I was under 75.

7. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 11 years ago

I've noticed that my score goes down when I get lazy and don't approve comments and reply to them. I don't know why I tend to put that off, but when I finally get to it, my score usually goes up.

1. profile image0
      Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

It could be that the score has a lot to do with participation in the HubPages community, and replying to comments counts as participation. Not that I reply to comments, but if you ask me, the score isn't worth worrying about as long as it's above 75.

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
        SmartAndFunposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Definitely agree. I can't figure out why NotPC is in the 60s, though.

1. profile image0
          Miriam Weissmannposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Sounds like it could be a "following spree" that caused it. Even if Not PC followed it up with an "unfollow spree", it could be necessary to let the dust settle before the score rises again. In the meantime, I'd participate a bit more in the community if I was him or her.

1. kingkos profile image60
            kingkosposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i just join hub last 2 days see my rating smile

1. jandee profile image80

Kingkos, hello I see you have written many,many comments and soon I am sure you will start to write hubs,maybe about your dogs ! I look forward to reading when you decide to write,
              best from jandee

1. kingkos profile image60
                kingkosposted 11 years agoin reply to this

thank u jandee! same with u right now im b c reading your article about your boxer dog and im not finish smile

8. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

NotPC, I looked at your some of your hubs and your page. May I suggest that you redo your brand (profile and avatar) but stay true to yourself and the identity you've built? After 3 years, maybe you need a fresh start. I think it might be tripping off some type of algorithm alerts but I don't know what (???). Also, some of your hub topics have heavy content, chockfull of text and long sentences. Try breaking up your text/paragraphs by using more capsules and breaking up sentences that are longer than two or three lines into two sentences.  Use some right-aligned capsules to highlight/illustrate your main points. That will help to break up the text as well.

9. tirelesstraveler profile image61
    tirelesstravelerposted 11 years ago

Hub hop. Write on questions and forums and the score should go up.

10. profile image0
    alwaysamberposted 11 years ago

Definitely hub hopper! Comments and forum discussions, as well. Good luck!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)