jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Amazon might start using your digital content due to a new patent...

1. Cheeky Girl profile image80
    Cheeky Girlposted 4 years ago

This is real, hubbers! Amazon has won the right to a patent to create a virtual marketplace where users could resell digital content like apps, songs and ebooks. But is such a "marketplace" legal under copyright laws"? How did this patent get granted? And if Hub Pages has a vast amount of digital content in various forms, could it be targeted? What are your comments on this?

Original article here:
    http://paidcontent.org/2013/02/05/amazo … l-content/

1. CarNoobz profile image81
      CarNoobzposted 4 years ago in reply to this

No way!  That's just wrong.  I'm sure it's already happening -- that's just the nature of the web, I guess -- but for Amazon to do it?  That's going too far...

2. keirnanholland profile image60
      keirnanhollandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Key words here "users could resell digital content like apps, songs and ebooks", so basically it is a digital content re-sharing site, that's new because part of the idea of DRM is to prevent people from sharing or reselling content they have purchased.. So basically they are trying to bring back the rights that people had before DRM and MP3's..

3. keirnanholland profile image60
      keirnanhollandposted 4 years ago in reply to this

BTW, does  France no longer protect copyright law? I had heard they dropped it because it was unenforceable.. Look on the bright side: It forces musicians to go on tour, you have to admit, and writers to make money giving readings of their poetry..  People who often die young are the ones that don't exercise.. So retirement is probably not the goal to shoot for..

working