How long should I wait before I apply for Adsense?

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (18 posts)
  1. MoltenHound profile image59
    MoltenHoundposted 11 years ago

I have applied for AdSense for a couple of times but got rejected every single time. I am really disappointed because I don't know the reason behind it? Is it because of the time requirements? Or is it because my articles aren't good enough? Someone help me please!

1. hitohitaroh profile image61
      hitohitarohposted 11 years agoin reply to this

write quality contents .google looks for quality contents

2. iamvijay profile image61
      iamvijayposted 11 years agoin reply to this

i think you should get traffic source from google wait for a month until you get some traffic to your hubs then you apply you will assuredly get it..
      thank you,
      have a great day.

2. Simone Smith profile image87
    Simone Smithposted 11 years ago

I'd wait at least a month or two, as I've heard that sometimes reapplying too many times in close succession can hurt your case.

Typically, we tell people to wait to apply until they have:
    At least ten Hubs
    Which are of very high quality
    And contain at least 500 words
    And are entirely original
    And easy to read / attractive

I see you have 16 Hubs; I haven't looked through them, but perhaps it's worth sprucing them up a bit before you re-apply? Publishing more Hubs and letting some time pass are also good ways to go.

Alas, we're not able to predict what AdSense does or exactly what goes on during the approval process- but my bet is that time and more high quality content will do a lot to help you. smile

MoltenHoundposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank You for your reply Simone, i really am confused about AdSense. It is so frustrating and a bit troublesome. I hope i get my account soon!

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I don't see any obvious problems.  I would hop that once you oldest hubs have reached a month or two, and you have 20 hubs, you should be able to get in.

I assume you are not in a country that attracts a 6 month requirement (China, India etc).

4. Careermommy profile image73
    Careermommyposted 11 years ago

Hi MoltenHound, I see this question has come up a lot.  I remember reading that it's good to be established for a couple of months before applying.  It could very well be the length of time you've been a member is causing the rejections.  I hope this helps.

MoltenHoundposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the tips Careermommy! Really appreciate it!

5. rumanasaiyed profile image74
    rumanasaiyedposted 11 years ago

Even I have the same problem,

Adsense is reviewing my account from last seven days but haven't yet finally approved or disapproved. It is just showing  that  "your account is under review before it gets finally approved or disapproved". Its really stressing me up!!

6. sclapaugh0323 profile image60
    sclapaugh0323posted 11 years ago

Thanks SImone, that was helpful.  I am having the same issue.

7. sassygrrl32 profile image73
    sassygrrl32posted 11 years ago

My understanding is it takes longer to get approved now than it did back when I first applied in 2004 or 2005.
    I think everyone get disapproved the first time out. If I remember correctly I did too, even back then.
    The one thing I do remember differently is back then quality didn't matter as much. I had a strictly personal blog and I can't remember how many posts I had, not very many, maybe 10, probably not even that many.

I agree you should probably have at least ten articles of at least 500 words each. Some recommend having more, maybe 30 good quality articles. Some recommend having a blog too. The great thing about blogs is you don't have to write full length articles if you don't want to, you can write posts(I try to keep those shorter and keep articles for here). I use my blogs to promote my hubs and link to hubs I like. I post my own photography too.

I would wait a couple of months before applying again. Give it time to build your articles. I would use that time to write more articles, maybe build it to about 30 or even more. Use that time to write good quality articles and do research on optimizing your articles for search engines especially google. Use that time to read articles on making money with your articles and getting and building traffic.
    In the meantime you can apply to the HubPages ad program(I don't know the rules, you will have to read them. When I applied I already had probably 70 or 80 articles), look into amazon and apply for their program if you qualify and don't live in a state where you can't have amazon. I don't think ebay offers their program through HP anymore. Again u will have to check that one out.

And don't worry that you're missing out on any money. Right now you're only missing maybe a few pennies a day if that. It takes time to build traffic and make any money with adsense or any other monetization method.
    Since you've already applied twice you want to make sure you have enough content(quality) and enough traffic to get approved. Back in the day I don't remember traffic being an issue or quality either but adsense hadn't been around that long and there probably weren't that many applying to it yet.

You can also use this time to look into social media like facebook and twitter to build traffic as well. And remember, if u want to make money with ur writing this is a job. Albeit a fun one....
    Hope this helps and good luck!

8. nikhilchandra profile image77
    nikhilchandraposted 11 years ago

it takes 6 month before it gets approved

9. nikhilchandra profile image77
    nikhilchandraposted 11 years ago

I mean 6 months after you open your Hubpage account

1. Marisa Wright profile image85
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Only if you're in one of the countries affected by that rule.

10. rommy1984 profile image60
    rommy1984posted 11 years ago

I was looking for this answer too. These are great tips. Thank you from me too...

11. Louise Lately profile image60
    Louise Latelyposted 11 years ago

When I joined hubpages I was a bit overly enthusiastic and I applied when I only had three hubs - I plan to re-apply when I've got 15 or so hubs. Quality is always important - make sure that you have original material and that they are not too commercial or too short. Good luck!

12. profile image0
    loseraspieposted 11 years ago

Don't reapply to Google AdSense. If they've rejected you before it'll happen again. Sign up with Amazon AdSense. They accept anybody.

13. mbyL profile image67
    mbyLposted 11 years ago

I was approved after my first try. I had about 10 hubs or 11 but one of my hubs got like nearly 1000 views overnight after I submitted it in reddit. So I instantly applied for AdSense and they took me wink. The most important thing is that you write pro-quality hubs and have a consistent traffic. I cannot say how many views you need, but try to apply after 15 hubs or 20 and when you habe like 100 views daily. Just a recommendation, but I can't tell if it will work for sure. Also, keep in mind that hubs need some months to get indexed until they receive serious traffic. Good Luck!!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)