jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

RESOLVED: Kindle ebooks and Amazon capsules (Amazon issue)

1. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

Marisa Wright raised an issue that the Amazon capsule wouldn't accept the ASIN for an ebook.
    Other people reported the same problem but the thread has now been closed without a solution.
    http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/106718

If Amazon never return a price for an ebook are we saying that ebooks are not supported on the Amazon capsule?  I notice ebooks are not included in the pulldown list within the capsule.  To close the thread without a proper statement from Hubpages is unhelpful.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image77
      Matthew Meyerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

The issue is on Amazon's end and seems to only affect a small subset of ebooks.
      We implemented changes in the Amazon capsules to make it more evident that the price information is missing, but unfortunately there isn't anything we can do to make Amazon fix their pricing information.,

2. Howard S. profile image88
    Howard S.posted 4 years ago

There is a work-around for this problem. With reference to e-books listed in the closed thread, I could not make it work with Marisa's e-book, but succeeded with Sophia's first, using only title and author name. @2uesday is the one who discovered the work-around, but I can't find her forum post now. It is incorporated into my hub on advanced ad capsule techniques. Scroll to the section "Amazon ad error message work-around."

1. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Just my luck - "could not make it work with Marisa's e-book"  sad

Thanks for trying!

1. Howard S. profile image88
        Howard S.posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Don't give up so easily. You and SA did something different--I don't know what. Amazon category? Her book has no description while yours does. If you can tweak the way your e-book is marketed on Amazon, then fuss with it until something clicks. I can get your competitors' books to display when I use some of your keywords, so you might be doing something to inadvertently prevent yours from displaying.

Of course, we acknowledge that somebody has a bug in their system. But we have to live with it until they acknowledge it.

3. Rik Ravado profile image93
    Rik Ravadoposted 4 years ago

Many thanks for this Howard - I'll check it out! smile

4. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 4 years ago

I don't have this problem. I have a Kindle version of my book and Amazon accepts the ASIN for both in my Amazon capsules.  It also shows the price of the Kindle version.

5. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

I need to make note of an update to my last post (15 months ago) in this thread.

Since that time my Kindle version stopped showing the price in the Amazon capsule. So this seems to be consistent with all Kindle books.

There is a new forum thread about this at http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/122035 where I posted a possible solution.

6. Glenn Stok profile image100
    Glenn Stokposted 3 years ago

HP changed the Amazon Capsules to be more like Squidoo did them. Price info was removed, which Squidoo has found improves results. So this solves the problem stated in this thread. We can now add my Kindle Amazon items back.

working