Adsense association? Final approval??

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)
  1. profile image0
    apimentel33posted 11 years ago

I've done plenty of research on Hubpages and I know that many other hubbers have run into the same problems I have with Adsense. However, it seems like there are so many different solutions people have for fixing their Adsense problems, but I'm still having no luck and just plain getting frustrated.

I applied and applied to Adsense and finally got "approval." I'm currently in the second stage of limbo where I'm still waiting for my "Adsense for content" application to be approved. My Hubpages account currently still lists my Adsense account as Application Disapproved and that my Google Adsense account is no loner associated with Hubpages. No matter how many times I "configure" this it doesn't change. My Adsense account is currently approved but still under final review before final approval. However, there are live ads on my pages and not the blank ones I'm supposedly supposed to be seeing.

I granted Hubpages access to my Adsense account. I've added URL channels and ad units. I've posted many new hubs within the past few days to try to help get this approval. Am I still missing something? Am I doing something wrong? How long is this final approval going to take?? Adsense is so frustrating!

2. MoonByTheSea profile image91
    MoonByTheSeaposted 11 years ago

Hey there,

I came across your post in my unending search for the same answers. I'm in the same situation and can't find any clues, even in the learning center. Apparently, there is one hub in the learning center about adsense, but it is dead/disabled:
    http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

Anyway, sorry I don't have much to add except to offer my shared misery. Good luck to us both.

1. profile image0
      apimentel33posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I will let you know if I have any luck or figure something out! Nothing yet though

1. Jane51 profile image73
        Jane51posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Am having the same problem! I thought I was approved but when I try to go into my adsense account I find it is not approved even though I have an adsense number beside adsense on the earnings page? I really dont understand?

1. MoonByTheSea profile image91
          MoonByTheSeaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yeah... it's really frustrating that there is no info about this in any of the FAQs or help section. I even emailed hubpages with my question on Thursday, and still no response. sad

1. profile image0

Hey all, I finally had some luck! I had emailed Hubpages at team@hubpages.com explaining "My Hubpages account currently still lists my Adsense account as Application Disapproved and that my Google Adsense account is no loner associated with Hubpages. My Adsense account is currently approved but still under final review before final approval. However, there are live ads on my pages and not the blank ones I'm supposedly supposed to be seeing. "

I got an email back saying "Ads are always displayed on Hub whether you have an AdSense account or not. To change the ad settings on your Hub, please see the following link: http://hubpages.com/faq/#turn-off-ads. Please consult the "rejection" email sent to you by Google. It will give you instructions to fix whatever issue caused the disapproval and give you instructions on how to reapply. If you still have questions about the disapproval, you should respond to that email to reach the AdSense support team who will be able to address the issue."

So, I wrote back saying "My Adsense is currently approved but is still pending on "Adsense for content." Is there any word on how long this process takes? It's almost been 2 weeks. Also, my Hubpages earnings lists my Adsense application as disapproved still from having applied in the past and being rejected, though at this time it is actually approved but just pending on the second part of my application. I've tried to "configure" this but the status doesn't change. Should I be concerned about that?"

I got an email back saying my Adsense account has been approved and is associated with Hubpages content. I honestly wasn't expecting this problem to be fixed anytime soon, but thankfully it was! I just explained to Hubpages what my problem was, and although it may take a couple of days for them to get back, they did get back to me and fix the problem I was having.

In the end, it was about two full weeks from the time I was originally "approved" by Adsense to when my application was actually finalized and working with Hubpages.

2. profile image0

Hi Jane... if your Adsense account has a red bar stating your account is still under final review, I would go into your Hubpages account under the "earnings" tab to make sure that where it lists Google Adsense that it says "active". If it still says "application disapproved" (if you had applied to Adsense in the past and been disapproved) though your actual Adsense says "still under review," I would try the "configure" button and follow those steps to make sure you have tried linking the two accounts together. If you're having the same problem that I did, where I was "configuring" the two accounts to try to link them and my "earnings" was still saying that my Adsense account was still disapproved (although it was actually approved but still under final review), I would do what I did and send Hubpages an email explaining that situation. It seems like it's almost a technical issue that hubbers can't fix themselves, that we need to get Hubpages itself just to communicate to Adsense to link the two accounts to get it finally approved.

It also seems like once you apply to Adsense and get disapproved, it complicates your application in the future on the Hubpages side of things.

1. MoonByTheSea profile image91
            MoonByTheSeaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for this helpful info! That is *exactly* the situation I'm in, so I'll email hubpages right away.

1. profile image0

You're welcome! I hope it fixes your problem as well!

3. Jane51 profile image73
    Jane51posted 11 years ago

Thank you too as this is what it says when I click beside my account that shows active (An AdSense account does not exist for this login, as it is associated with an unapproved application. For more information about your application, please review the message we sent to the email address you provided with your application) It looks like I should e-mail them too! Also do you have the e-mail for adsense account as I seemed to have deleted that original e-mail thanks

4. Bidd Waxx profile image72
    Bidd Waxxposted 9 years ago

Something is just not right here; being the new girl on the block and checking the situation over, doing research repeatedly, finding out each writer has the same experience as the one before. Waiting months possibly a year for payday, and getting under $10.00 if that.
      AdSense not accepting me either. Configure, so click away and answer the questions asked, going stir crazy, thinking what is wrong,  but always a negative reply, saying "unfortunately" you are being refused, read the rules.
    With all that being said over and over again, and me as well, going through the same procedure, hub pages has very strict rules that they follow. Depending how many words that are written, not the quality or imagination of the tale being written about,  has a big bearing on the story that is being told. So it goes, if a writer has an imaginative mind, but limitation of the amount of words, one will not be paid.
    The word "pending" will appear on the expense account next to the hub, but all the excuses or answers given don't add up. "Pending" does not mean pay day. What actually does "pending" mean? The real answer. Is this word "pending" just electronically put into the system so it appears and disappears on each hub that is electronically in the system? So, how could "pending " show up next to the hub, if a person is declined with AdSense?  Does not make sense to me.  Maybe this is just going over my head. Now, how can some writers, may or may not get up to $500 per month depending how many clicks from the ads. So we all Google, we all search in one form or another, but why is payday dependent on the amount of clicks on an ad on some ones writing. This I don't understand and confused.
    Is there a different kind of ad on certain writers page, so the ad is clicked, or are the ads similar on all the writings for everyone? 
    Just had to vent. This is a very confusing way to get a payday. Sure it is a very enjoyable past time to be able meet and greet on the internet. Learn and share, read and write; be creative.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You're getting a distorted view, because naturally, the only people who post about Adsense are the ones having problems.  Writers who get approved just get on with their work - and they are in the majority.

Did you read this?
      http://hubpages.com/help-answer/affilia … -new-acct/

Adsense needs to see evidence that you're going to write quality work for the long haul.   So if you apply before you have a good portfolio of Hubs which have been published for at least a month, they will reject you, guaranteed.

I suggest you write another half dozen Hubs then apply again. 

Once you're approved for Adsense, you can sign up for all the other aspects of the HP Earnings Program which pays per view, not per click.

1. Bidd Waxx profile image72
        Bidd Waxxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa, first for taking the time and 2nd for being understanding and somewhat helpful. You have been very considerate But I am confused as to why "pending" is on my hubs on the expense account, this giving impression there is a chance of payday, no matter what amount. Then a few days go by and "pending" disappears.  I honestly think I read somewhere on hub page that pay day depends on how many ads are read or clicked on a writing. I have read so many writings who were written by very gifted and talented people. I thank you

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
          Marisa Wrightposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Whether you are paid for clicks or views depends on what program you are enrolled in.   At one time, the only ads available were Adsense ads, and at that time you were paid for clicks only - and you may have read something dating from that time.   Nowadays you can sign up for the HP Earnings program which pays per view, but you need to get your Adsense account first.

2. galleryofgrace profile image71
      galleryofgraceposted 9 years agoin reply to this

May i suggest that you not respond to posts from  21 months ago. It really confuses new writers.

1. Bidd Waxx profile image72
        Bidd Waxxposted 9 years agoin reply to this

This may be the reason confusion exist; some of the older post , just a thought, should possibly be deleted. But anyway, thank you for the concern. Trial and err. Hub pages is a very interesting and learning experience for a beginner. As time goes by, I may be on the answer side of the fence. thanks for your help.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)