AdSense account not approved because it is associated with BlogSpot.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (29 posts)
  1. LulusParty profile image60
    LulusPartyposted 11 years ago

AdSense account not approved because it is associated with BlogSpot.  I have deleted my BlogSpot account, and am trying to associate AdSense account request information with HubPages, but when I go to the AdSense site, it won't let me make the changes.  Any suggestions?

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If you have an approved Adsense account, you can use it anywhere.  You don't have to tell Google where you're using it or associate it on the Adsense site.

Just paste your code into your HubPages account in the appropriate place, then add HubPages as a channel on your Adsense account.

LulusPartyposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Marisa.  I have already deleted the BlogSpot account, so I can't use that code, I didn't know that I could do that, btw, very smart.  Here is what I get when I go to my Earnings on HubPages.  It appears that you have associated a Google AdSense Account with HubPages with the publisher id ca-pub-<identifying info snipped> but that the association process is not yet complete. You should have received instructions for completing the process by email from Google.

I have not received instructions, but I am trying to get help from AdSense.

Thank you again.

C

1. galleryofgrace profile image71
          galleryofgraceposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Lulusparty, Don't bother trying until you have at least 10 hubs. they just won't allow it.

Thank you galleryofgrace.   I will do as you suggest, because I do believe that this is futile until I do as you say.

Thanks again.

C

2. Cardisa profile image88
      Cardisaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That is strange since Blogspot belongs to to Google and many people have their Adsense account approved faster for blogging there. If you had an Adsense account with Blospot then you would not need a new account approval. You can use your same publisher ID anywhere you place ads. I started blogging before I found Hubpages and I had no problem having my account approved.  I still use Blogpsot with 6 blogs and growing.

Thank you, Cardisa.  I think that the problem is that I create the BlogSpot account, applied for an AdSense account, then I decided to go with HubPages, and I deleted my BlogSpot account before writing a blog.  Then I created my HubPages account and have just received notice that my first blog was published. and applied for AdSense through HubPages.   Now I can't change the website association with AdSense.  AdSense said that it had sent instructions on how to fix any issue, but as of today, I have not received an email from them.

Thank you for your help.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

C

2. 2uesday profile image65
    2uesdayposted 11 years ago

If I were you I would (if it is still possible to edit it) remove your adsense id as it is not a good idea to share it online like this.

1. artsofthetimes profile image95
      artsofthetimesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

True

3. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 11 years ago

If you have an Adsense account already you should be able to use it anywhere. You can't create more than one account.  Hopefully, Adsense can help you. I got my Adsense through Blogger a while ago and had no problem associating it with Hubpages.

Thank you!  I think that the problem is that I create the BlogSpot account, applied for an AdSense account, then I decided to go with HubPages, and I deleted my BlogSpot account before writing a blog.  Then I created my HubPages account and have just received notice that my first blog was published. and applied for AdSense through HubPages.   Now I can't change the website association with AdSense.  AdSense said that it had sent instructions on how to fix any issue, but as of today, I have not received an email from them.

Thank you for your help.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

C

4. Maria Cecilia profile image82
    Maria Ceciliaposted 11 years ago

Me too I started my adsense with blogspot and had no difficulty associating it with hubpages. There could be another reason?

Hi Maria.  Here is what is going on...I created the BlogSpot account, applied for an AdSense account, then I decided to go with HubPages, and I deleted my BlogSpot account before writing a blog.  Then I created my HubPages account and have just received notice that my first blog was published. and applied for AdSense through HubPages.   Now I can't change the website association with AdSense.  AdSense said that it had sent instructions on how to fix any issue, but as of today, I have not received an email from them.

Thank you for your help.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

C

5. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 11 years ago

That is strange to not be approved. It may be the subject matter

Is anyone earning more with their blogspot acct than hubpages?

6. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I think the issue is that the account was denied based on the blogger application, and she wants to apply again using hubpages.  But I don't know how you do that. Once you enter an application url I think it is hard to change.

7. psycheskinner profile image84
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I did a search and found a lot of people with the same issue.  If your initial application is unsuccessful it will not let you change the url.  It seems the only options are to make a successful application for that url, or to email Adsense staff asking for the application to be deleted so you can start again (and hope they actually do it, eventually). Seems like a bit of a glitch in their forms.

You can try opening a new account pretending to be a different person but this is very risky and can get both accounts perm-banned.  They track IP addresses so you would have to do it from a completely different computer (I wouldn't recommend this approach).

8. profile image50
    thadusposted 11 years ago

Recently Adsense rules changed and now you need to fill a form and get approved to put your ads on other sites Read more on adsense official blog, http://adsense.blogspot.com/2012/11/upd … -host.html
    Hope it helps you.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

They neglected to consider people with a non-approved account.  Hence this issue.

Hi psycheskinner.  Here is what is going on...I created the BlogSpot account, applied for an AdSense account, then I decided to go with HubPages, and I deleted my BlogSpot account before writing a blog.  Then I created my HubPages account and have just received notice that my first blog was published. and applied for AdSense through HubPages.   Now I can't change the website association with AdSense.  AdSense said that it had sent instructions on how to fix any issue, but as of today, I have not received an email from them.

I have't been to their blog, yet, so I think I will go there to see if there is an answer.

Thanks again.

C

Hi psycheskinner.  This is just too funny.  I just checked my blog, and I have ads running on it from Google, and Gifts.com., and some others.  What the heck is going on???  LOL

Thank you psycheskinner!!

So was your original application approved and recording clicks? because there are ways it could be running ads, but you're not getting paid for them.

Hi psycheskinner.  I don't see where my BlogSpot account with AdSense was ever approved.  Also, I never wrote a blog on that blog site, so I really don't know what is going on.  I would like to get paid for them running ad on my first successful blog.

Thanks for all of you help, and thoughts, as I try to figure this out.

C

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

You need to read psycheskinner's post again.

When you applied for Adsense the first time, you entered your Blogspot URL as your site.  It was NOT approved, because you had no content on the site (and Google has to see your content, to judge whether to approve you).   You are allowed to apply again when you have some content to show them - however, you can't change the URL. 

So you have two options.  One is to write to Adsense, explain the situation and ask them to delete your original application.  The other is to "undelete" your Blogger blog, write a dozen posts, and apply again.  That's the one I would recommend, because reading your first Hub, it sounds more suited to a personal blog than a magazine site (which is what HubPages is). 

Here are the instructions to undelete a blog:
                  http://www.bloggertipsandtricks.com/200 … elete.html

Thank you so much Marisa, for your feedback, suggestions, for clarifying psycheskinner's answer to my question, and the link to instructions on how to undelete a blog.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2. Marisa Wright profile image87

I think when Lulu said "blog", she meant her first Hub.

That is correct Marissa.  I am SO NEW at this, and am sorry if I sound like I'm not very smart.  I am still learning terminology, etc.

Thank you all for your patience, help, and understanding.

C

2. LulusParty profile image60

Hi Thadus.  Here is what is what is going on...I created the BlogSpot account, applied for an AdSense account, then I decided to go with HubPages, and I deleted my BlogSpot account before writing a blog.  Then I created my HubPages account and have just received notice that my first blog was published. and applied for AdSense through HubPages.   Now I can't change the website association with AdSense.  AdSense said that it had sent instructions on how to fix any issue, but as of today, I have not received an email from them.

I have't been to their blog, yet, so I think I will go there to see if there is an answer.

Thanks again.

C

Um, I get your problem and have already said why it happened and what your options are.

To recap:

It happened because Adsense will now only let you get permissions for urls sequentially, and being refused an account on one url freezes the process so you can make not applications for other urls.

The solutions are to get the first url approved, or ask Adsense staff to delete the application.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)