Questions about the text tool

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (17 posts)
  1. midget38 profile image87
    midget38posted 11 years ago

Hi, I noticed over the last few days that when I copy and paste my document on word into the text tool, it comes up underlined and I have to spend time correcting and removing the underlines from the text that I do not want underlined (which is majority of the text). It can be time consuming and unnecessary.

Many of us use word first before transferring the text to hubs to make things easier and to save our work. Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image91
      Millionaire Tipsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I haven't had that problem when I moved things from Word, but we have been told that Word tends to add formatting that is not compatible with HubPages.  You can write directly on HubPages. (I copy and paste the article from HubPages to Word to spell and grammar check it and to save it.)  Another option is to copy it from Word to a text editor like Notepad or Wordpad which will remove the formatting and then move it from there to HubPages.

midget38posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks! Then I will try another tool like Google docs.

1. Simone Smith profile image85
          Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You might also paste the Word text into the HTML interface of the Text Capsule, because then Word's hidden additions won't be included. You will have to re-create your paragraphs, but that just gives you a fresh opportunity to read over your work and catch any typos that might have snuck through. big_smile

Thanks, Simone!

2. moonlake profile image85
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I get the lines too but not my whole text just sections of it. At one time it happened when a link was added within your text that would make lines show up on all the text.  I don't know how to correct it. I guess it can only be done when you put it into the text capsule.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 11 years ago

I wonder if this relates to having any removed links (in hub capsules) leave a ghost underlying.  Evcery single time I have to close the capsule, open it again. and remove the underlining that will have magically appeared.  It is an annoyance.

3. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

I've been getting the underline too but not when using Word, but anytime I'm pasting text into HP...I sometimes copy quotes, etc., and they are being underlined.

4. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

Hi Michelle this only happens if I try to paste from Word and am using Google Chrome. If I open up the hub under Internet Explorer the problem does not exist.

Ah. Will try that, thanks, Mark!

5. Victoria Lynn profile image88
    Victoria Lynnposted 11 years ago

Is everyone talking about the links that go with the underlines? I'm with psycheskinner; it's an annoyance. I have to re-remove them every time I edit. Dr. Mark may have a solution with using another browser. I like Google Chrome, but I may try IE or Firefox. Muy interesante . . . .

6. Coolpapa profile image65
    Coolpapaposted 11 years ago

After writing and editing in "word" copy the text into "notepad".  This cleans out all the invisibles and  it can thn be copied and pasted into HP.  Use a small font size in Notepad. Because you will have to edit line Enders when you get into HP

7. snlee profile image67
    snleeposted 11 years ago

When I encounter this underline problem, I just select all the pasted text and unclick the underline option at the top of the text capsule and all the lines are removed.

8. Carola Finch profile image88
    Carola Finchposted 11 years ago

I also use Word to create the document.  I paste it into Notepad and then paste into HubPages.  The eliminates unwanted codes.

9. moonlake profile image85
    moonlakeposted 11 years ago

I use IE and it happens to me, underlines I don't want.

10. faythef profile image58
    faythefposted 11 years ago

I do the same  as snlee..It works for me..When I encounter this underline problem, I just select all the pasted text and unclick the underline option at the top of the text capsule and all the lines are removed.

11. mary615 profile image81
    mary615posted 11 years ago

When I first started, I used IE8.  I would type into Word, then copy/paste in the text capsule with NO problems.  Then I started having problems, and it was suggested that I install FireFox.  I did, but FireFox will not allow me to copy/paste.  So, when I'm ready to write the Hub, I go back to IE8 and have problems at all:  no underlines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)