jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Adding a new kind of capsule

1. sunilkunnoth2012 profile image63
    sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago

It will be nice if HP allow to use a capsule for storing audio clips. For example, I publish a hub on Mahatma Gandhi and to give a fine look to the hub I must be able to add an audio clip containing a short speech of Gandhiji.  Why can't HP add this facility?

1. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

It's a cool idea- we just haven't had much demand for the feature (most people just make videos with image backgrounds sharing their audio files). That said, I'll bring it up in next week's community meeting as a potential feature to consider!
      Chances are very slim that we'll have the bandwidth to build something like this within the next six months, but that doesn't mean it's out of the question. Thanks for bringing this up! big_smile

sunilkunnoth2012posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for taking my request seriously and immediately.  I hope we will have this feature in future, even if delayed.

1. DreamerMeg profile image84
          DreamerMegposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree, that would be good

2. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hey sunilkunnoth2012! Thanks again for the recommendation. We discussed it in yesterday's community meeting and Derek is going to look into whether or not it might be easy for us to integrate an audio-only option (perhaps utilizing one of SoundCloud's widgets) into our present Video Capsule. We'll keep you posted!

Hi Simone Smith,

Thank for giving a try to my request and seriously considering it.  Your quick action is lovingly acknowledged.

3. yarddog2k profile image61
    yarddog2kposted 4 years ago

At this current time (while HP is sorting out the details) one could use an image of their subject (legal to use image, of course) along with the sound-bite to create a short video and upload it to a video hosting site. Then just embed the video into your hub. I know it's a few steps, but it would get the job done for now.

Troy Preston

Thanks for the input.

working