jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is the older version of the "N" word bad for my hub?

1. Sirius Centauri profile image75
    Sirius Centauriposted 4 years ago

I submitted a Hub a few hours ago which starts with a quote from Marcus Garvey. It includes the word 'Negro'. The hub is likely far from published anyway but I'm aiming for evergreen and it would seem HP has taken note of that. I would hate for this quote to be considered a violation as it could hinder my attempts at long-tailing this article. What do you guys think? In your response, please take into consideration that the word is used within a quote and advise whether I should sensor it or remove it completely.

Any help would be appreciated. Here's a link to my hub: http://siriuscentauri.hubpages.com/hub/ … Traditions

Thanks

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think you're fine.

Nice hub btw.  Very nice.

2. Sirius Centauri profile image75

Thanks Melissa. Glad you like it. Now to wait - mostly impatiently in hopes it gets published.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
      MelissaBarrettposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Unless I missed something, my guess is that it's getting featured.

Just a guess.

3. Zelkiiro profile image96
    Zelkiiroposted 4 years ago

Holy crap, this Hub is insanely intricate. I just write reviews and slap 3-4 pictures next to it. :V

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 4 years ago

That *was an amazing hub. I went to Africa about 13 years ago. Though no where near where you came from I don't believe. I was in the Kenya and Uganda region. I still remember one of the songs I learned though Ive never written it out. I have no idea how these words are spelled. Tell me if you know this song.

Jambo, Jambo bwana. Habari yaku, missuri sana.
    Waginni, mwakari bishwa. Kena yetu, hakuna matata.
    hakuna matata. hakuna matata.

lol... I don't even want to know how crazy that looks if you speak the language.

5. Sirius Centauri profile image75

Beth, your insticts were right, it's been featured...pheew! I can finally breathe. About the song/your visit...it must have been very memorable for you to still remember the song after 13 long years :] Unfortunately, I don't even know one Kenyan language being from South Africa and never haven't really met anyone to help me with that. I know! lame excuse, there are many ways I could have learnt. Try asking Dwachira, he's a Kenyan hubber (the only one I've met anyway since I'm so new here). He might just know the language. :]

Zelkiiro, I could never get away with that on that particular hub coz the subject matter itself is intricate. I guess you're lucky in that your niche allows you to easily and quickly place the elements together and it obviously does the job with you being on the score of 100 and all. Pleeeease! teach me how :]

working