jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Need help - noob question about inserting photos within the text

1. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 8 years ago

Hi!  I'm new here and I have a question about photos.  How do I insert a photo within the text in a hub?  I see there's a photo capsule and I know you can move it around so that the picture can appear above the text or below the text, but I would like to put the picture WITHIN the text (like to the right or maybe left of a paragraph).  So, how do I do that?  Is there a HTML code for that or something?  I tried to search for answers in the FAQ, but I couldn't seem to find any. 

Thanks in advance!

1. ProCW profile image82
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

nope, can't happen... sad

if you can manipulate the photo, you could possibly create the illusion of that, by adding in the text to the photo... (but it wouldn't be searchable by google, etc.)

hope that helps... smile

ProCW

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You can put the photo on the right of a paragraph.  Just click the green right arrow on the photo capsule (if you can't see the right arrow, just click the up or down arrow - it'll turn up). 

When you start a Hub, it only has one text capsule.  It's best to add two or three more and split your text up between them.  Then, say, if you add a photo to the right of your second capsule, it will appear to be in the middle right of your Hub.

2. Anolinde profile image86
    Anolindeposted 8 years ago

Ooohh .. that makes perfect sense, Marisa.  Thank you both for your replies! smile  I appreciate it!!

1. ProCW profile image82
      ProCWposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I'd like to apologize. I misread what you said... I didn't see the words "right or" ... oops! That'll teach me to skim!! smile

Again, sorry for my misunderstanding of your situation...

ProCW

Anolindeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No worries, Pro.  Thank you, still smile

3. Lissie profile image82
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

I wrote this a while ago but I think it still holds true http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Create-a … ive-Design

Anolindeposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Hi Lissie.  Thanks for the link to your hub!  I haven't had a chance to really read it yet (my 2 year old is being extra demanding of my attention), but will do so later.  It looked EXACTLY like what I've been trying to figure out, though (from my browsing through it).  Thanks so much smile

4. Lissie profile image82
    Lissieposted 8 years ago

no problem - I am aiming for a hub for each commonly asked question in the forums- LOL

working