jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

Reason for Sharing Hubs Option

1. Gordon Hamilton profile image95
    Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years ago

I would love to see a feature that Hubbers could explain - in say, maybe 100 characters? - why they are sharing a particular Hub with their followers. I just shared a Hub but would love to have been able to tell people why I was sharing it.

Is this feasible? I genuinely believe this may lead to truly worthwhile sharing Hubs being subsequently shared with a wider Internet community on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, etc...

Thanks - and I did try to check to make sure this hadn't been suggested before smile

1. Sheri Faye profile image86
      Sheri Fayeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I don't even know how to share on hubpages. I have shared on facebook, twitter etc, and have seen in my feed others sharing, but haven;t figured out how to do it. And your idea is good Gordon.

Gordon Hamiltonposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi, Sheri

Glad you like the idea. It's done simply by clicking the option under "Pin It" to the right at the top of the Hub. That shares the Hub with all your followers on HP.

Wouldn't recommend, however, that you do it too often, as it can clog up people's feeds. smile

oh...I thought pin it posted it on pinitrest! hmmmm

It does. The option below Pin It smile

oh...got it!

2. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I quite like that suggestion, Gordon! I've always felt weird about just pushing a Hub forward to my followers without providing context, and we've found that on sites like Facebook, links accompanied by descriptions do far better than their description-less counterparts.

I'll bring this up in tomorrow's community meeting to gauge whether or not it is feasible (given our present workload and time constraints).

Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely haven't heard it before, though it would be a lovely improvement.

Hi, Simone - thank you.

I honestly believe that if there were a short description at the top of a shared Hub as to why it had been shared, more people would read the Hub(s) in question and be far more likely to share it/them internally/externally.

Just a personal observation and opinion. Hope you agree and that the option does indeed prove viable smile

2. Michael Willis profile image79
        Michael Willisposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also like this suggestion. Sometimes a hub may have been edited to a point where sharing a hub later on could tell why the hub was shared again.

2. Simone Smith profile image89
    Simone Smithposted 4 years ago

Hi again Gordon!

We went over the idea in today's community meeting, and we're all fans. What prevents us from putting significant resources toward executing the change right now is:
    1. Our present workload
    2. The limited effect this would have on (a) directly improving the quality of Hubs on HubPages and (b) significantly helping Hubbers earn more money
    3. The very low use this feature gets as is (which suggests the impact a change would have would be severely limited)

That said, we have added this to our backlog of feature suggestions that we think are worth putting into practice eventually. I hope we'll be able to add that functionality sooner rather than later. smile

Thanks very much for that, Simone. I understand other items have a far greater priority but am glad the idea was well received and may be implemented at some future time smile

1. Peggy W profile image92
        Peggy Wposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I also like the idea Gordon and glad that Simone brought it up in the meeting.  I know that whenever I share something on my Facebook account, I always write something in the box explaining why I think it is important to read.  Hope that this will be implemented in the future.  For now, I guess the comment we make on the hub directly prior to sharing might suffice.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image90
    Rochelle Frankposted 4 years ago

How about just adding a new comment, if you want to share your reason for sharing?

working