jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (13 posts)

How do you drive traffic to your hubs?

1. Bishop55 profile image93
    Bishop55posted 5 years ago

How do you drive traffic to your hubs?

Besides FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc...how do you drive traffic to your Hubs?  I'm trying to be active and social on Hubpages, but I'm not getting much feedback or followers, from what I'm writing, and I am trying to write things of high interest, but I also have to write about things I enjoy or my hobby becomes another job.  It's very discouraging.   My page views are extremely LOW.  I've been reading a lot in forums and other questions that people have been very frustrated with HP.   Any other suggestions?

2. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

You want to write HQ hubs that will be featured. When you look at your hubs grid, you will see an "h" in a black circle at the right hand side. This means they are featured hubs. When they are featured hubs, they will automatically be seen more on search engines. Back linking helps as well. Answer questions that you have written hubs about with information as well as a link to your hub. I hope this helps smile

Bishop55posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I don't mean to be dense, but how do you backlink?  I searched the learning center and can't find anything useful. I'll google it too, but do you have any info you could direct me to? Thanks for the reply.

2. ii3rittles profile image83
      ii3rittlesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That just means placing a link to take someone back to something you wrote.... Just open a new page and have the hub open then copy and past the address into your answers.

3. mercuryservices profile image82
    mercuryservicesposted 5 years ago

Try stumbleupon.  I'm trying to form a stumbleupon group so we can all like each other's stuff and get more traffic.  Here's my profile: http://www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/mer … ces/likes/

4. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

The best results I have gotten as far as hubpages traffic is to visit and comment on other people's hubs. Many of them will visit your hubs and comment on them. Not all, but a substantial number of them. When other people comment on your hubs their followers see the comment in their feeds. I always try to return the favor and visit the hubs of people who comment on my hubs.

I notice that, even though you've been here a long time, you have few followers, and you follow few people. When you find hubs that you like and people with interests in common with you, you might follow some of them. Often they will follow you too. I'm not suggesting that you follow just to get people to follow you back, but if you're trying to expand your social circle on Hubpages following some people you are truly interested in is helpful.

So, basically I'm saying that if you support other hubbers they will support you. Of course Google traffic is what you really want, but views are views and it can't hurt to drum up some activity in your own back yard.

Thank you.  I did join a few years ago, and really didn't do much on here until Jan 2013.  I' have no idea why.  As sad as it sounds I'm still learning to navigate this site.

5. steveso profile image79
    stevesoposted 5 years ago

Driving traffic to your Hubs or blogs can be quite difficult. Besides my Hubs I have 2 blogs. I primarily use social networking like FaceBook, Twitter and StumbleUpon. I live in Malaysia and my internet connection can be very slow or dead at times. It usually takes me 2 or 3 longer to submit my posts to the social networks than it does to write them, so I decided to use a paid service. I now use OnlyWire, in which I can submit my articles to up to 50 social network sites. It cost a few bucks a month but saves me a lot of time and aggrevation. Since I have been using OnlyWire I am getting much more traffic to my Hubs, as well as my blogs. There are other submission services out there, but this to me is the cheapest and most efficient.  I have tried the free services, but didn't see any results.

Thanks Steveso, I'll look into OnlyWire.  I've never heard of it.  I don't have a blog right now.  I feel like i need a "them" to blog and everything I seem to write about so far is totally random.  Do you think that matters much?

2. steveso profile image79
      stevesoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I forgot to mention "Share This". You add this button to your browser and when you write a Hub, you can submit your Hub (or any other article you have read) to many different social media websites. It is also free.

6. goldennic profile image61
    goldennicposted 5 years ago

Well, others have rightly told you the truth, that is, you use Facebook and other social media. But, I want you to know that promoting your hubs is just like promoting any other blog. So, you can easily do that by submitting press release, article writing and commenting on other peoples' blog.

7. Marcus99 profile image58
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

I use a very big bus filled with lots of liquor.