jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Idle hubs becoming featured

1. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

If a hub becomes idle but traffic increases to the hub (not via search engine) will it become featured again or does it need to be edited to be featured?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yes.  I've got one that has bounced in and out of featured status several times in the past couple of months.  First thought was that it went through the QAP for old hubs, causing it to be featured, but it hasn't done so 4 times!

Others have pointed out that your hubber score might be doing the same thing in causing hubs to be suddenly featured; that scores above 95 or so might be the cause.  Maybe, but that hub isn't featured, and my score right now is 98 - you can't get much higher.

1. Simone Smith profile image88
        Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Right-o! If your Hubber score increases, your Hubs will have a longer grace period, which could lead Hubs (that became no longer Featured because of low traffic) to become Featured again.

1. janderson99 profile image85
          janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

Is the opposite also true?
          If your Hubber score decreases, your Hubs will have a shorter grace period, which could lead Hubs to unfeatured (idled)
          This would seem to be unfair since elsewhere we have been told  not to worry about the hubber score. It can go down if a hubber publishes a group of hubs simultaneously or gets more followers. Why should hubbers be condemned and labeled  'spammers' by doing such things. The hubber score has a willy nilly behavior that would seem to be inappropriate as a metric for 'grace period' and for 'listing ranks' in the topics. Why not fix it, if it's to be used in these important ways?

Here she is 'Grace Period'

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/7955565_f248.jpg

1. SimeyC profile image88
            SimeyCposted 4 years ago in reply to this

From what I recall recently, the Hubber Score is being amended to take into account QAP scores etc. - this hopefully will remove some of the randomness! or not....

1. janderson99 profile image85
              janderson99posted 4 years ago in reply to this

As an interim measure they should try a moving average approach to reduce the variability. I have a lot of hubs, but my score changes 7 points in a week - not sure why! Doesn't make much sense. But when the score tide ebbs low the idle beauties get exposed.

2. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

A huge chunk of my hubs became idle and then after the QAP I guess they went back to featured but now some of those hubs are idle again. One of them I see (and perhaps it's only for today) shows two red arrows. Means traffic increasing greatly (I would assume) so was wondering it will become featured again.

3. IzzyM profile image87
    IzzyMposted 4 years ago

I don't think hubscores have anything to do with it.

My hubberscore is pretty poor for someone with so many hubs, but a huge number of my hubs (unfeatured through lack of traffic) have recently been re-featured and some are now gaining steady traffic.

My hubscore has dropped in recent days, yet the recently re-featured hubs are staying featured, even those without traffic.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Simone states above that hubscore is related smile news to me too!

working