jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to get tax/earning information?

  1. azahorik profile image94
    azahorikposted 4 years ago

    I recently applied for financial aid (going back to college) and they're asking for earning statements/a copy of my W-2 or anything relevant. Since I'm technically employed at Hubpages (even if I haven't exactly earned a ton tongue smile) I'm told I need that information from here. Thing is all I can find for earnings is the .csv from my balance history, and since I submitted my W-9 electronically, I don't have a copy of it myself. Does anyone know how to get all of this stuff, and in a format that a financial aid office will accept as proof of employment?

    1. Simone Smith profile image91
      Simone Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Hi azahorik- we don't issue 1099s as we are not required to, so Hubbers instead report their income amongst other miscellaneous income they get from contract gigs.
      I imagine there is a place to report other forms of income in that application, so that's where a note of your HubPages earnings. smile

  2. azahorik profile image94
    azahorikposted 4 years ago

    Unfortunately, they don't really differentiate between forms of income. There's a check box for "I was employed in 2012" and a checkbox for "I was not employed", and if you check the latter, you just name your employer, amount earned, and then attach documentation supporting that. I'm not really sure what to show them for documentation and the financial aid officer was pretty vague, though.

    Thanks for the reply. smile

    1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image97
      Marcy Goodfleischposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Hi, Azahorik -

      First, congratulations on your earnings here!  I'm also learning how to report the earnings from HubPages, and I did discover you can download records from PayPal, if that's where your payments are processed.  I think that will suffice for the form you're submitting.  Students often have non-traditional sorts of income (lawn care, babysitting, tips, etc.), so if you fill out the form accurately and attach whatever PayPal or bank records you can assemble, perhaps that will work?

      Good luck with your college career, and with your application for financial aid!

    2. Barbara Kay profile image89
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

      Hubpages isn't your employer. You should write down that you are self-employed. Look under earnings here at Hubpages. Look on the left hand side for options. Click on Balance History. You can find your entire earnings for the entire time that you've written on Hubpages. Print that out and it should suffice as a record of your earnings.

  3. azahorik profile image94
    azahorikposted 4 years ago

    Thanks to all who applied. smile I may go the 'self' employed route and try to put together my relevant paypal records if they ask for some kind of a statement. Hopefully that'll be enough!