jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Status of hubs

1. Nila says profile image82
    Nila saysposted 4 years ago

What is the new  non-featured-Engagement status of the hubs?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
      mistyhorizon2003posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am assuming this refers to low viewing figures (or possibly a high bounce rate) as opposed to a problem with the quality of content.

2. drpennypincher profile image96
      drpennypincherposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Engagement refers to views, comments, and search traffic according to the HubPages FAQ, item 17.  It appears you can get a blue H and have your hub not featured if it is not getting enough engagement.

http://hubpages.com/faq/#search-traffic-to-be-featured

3. Simone Smith profile image89
      Simone Smithposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Yep! What mistyhorizon2003 and drpennypincher say is correct! big_smile

2. lovebuglena profile image92
    lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago

This Hub is not Featured because it does not receive sufficient engagement. Try updating the Hub with recent information and descriptive, search-friendly sub headings.

1. lovebuglena profile image92
      lovebuglenaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am assuming this means that either hubs get low traffic or very little comments or both.

3. ossmedia profile image60
    ossmediaposted 4 years ago

Totally agree with the facts @drpennypincher 

I would like to know if i have visitors and comments on my hub then why still hub is in non featured zone  while other hub with low traffic are featured.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

There's traffic and then there is traffic.  Being featured depends on getting organic, search engine traffic - not on getting traffic from links somewhere.

I would guess that if you are getting comments it is probably from friends, family and hubbers.  For the most part I find that is who comments, and those visitors are not from a search engine such as google.

1. ossmedia profile image60
        ossmediaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Appreciate prompt action. So you want to say is if i got visitors from search engine then i would get my hub featured. Well if my hub is not featured then how it get indexed by search engine and if it is not indexed then how i get visitors from search engine ?
        Sorry to say but i didn't get your answer exactly what you want to say .

4. yansky23 profile image78
    yansky23posted 4 years ago

As I know, engagement is how well the the hub connects,and relates with the readers,

5. Nila says profile image82
    Nila saysposted 4 years ago

Thanks guys for all the inputs. Hubpages seems to bring in more and more of changes every day. Sometimes it just confuses me. smile

working