jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Have my older Hubs gone through the QAP yet?

1. janderson99 profile image84
    janderson99posted 4 years ago

Latest Newsletter

Have my older Hubs gone through the QAP yet? Most Hubbers think their Hubs have either been through the QAP or not, and that some Hubs have either “passed” or “failed.” But this isn’t really an accurate way to look at the process. Rather, we constantly collect data and improve our algorithms to feature deserving content.

Latest Blog http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/05/update … -all-hubs/

There will be some Hubs that appear decent that will not pass the QAP and some Hubs people feel shouldn’t pass that will.  These Hubs are on the border.  To ensure Hubs pass, it’s a good idea to shoot for above an 8+ on our rating scale.  Hubs rated in this range are the type our community is proud to have Featured and are rated well beyond passing.

These two statements about ‘the process’ to ‘feature deserving content’ appear to contradict each other?

My guess at what HP is saying is:

Don’t try to understand HP’s process or try to get any feedback on whether an author’s pages have been QAPed and ‘passed’ because everything is in beta and a constant state of flux.

Hubs that have been QAPed. 'passed' and did not get de-index, could get a 'fail' and be de-indexed, tomorrow. All hubs float in a rocky sea of uncertainty circled by QAPers.

Just sit back and relax, when one of your hubs gets de-indexed just decide what to do with it.

None of your hubs is safe from the Grim Reaper of QAP, all could go down at any time. Authors will never know why, never understand the process, never get any feedback, it's forever changing.

HP does what IT does. Author's write, full stop.
    Sorry I don't understand this 'double-speak'.

By the way, Have all my Hubs been QAPed yet?
    Are we There Yet?

1. Barbara Kay profile image86
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'd like to know this too. At least I could make a sigh of relief for awhile.

2. Sherry Hewins profile image97
      Sherry Hewinsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

If we knew if they'd been through QAP, then at least we'd know they met the current Quality standard. The Engagement standard fluctuates more. I think most of us know which hubs have low traffic and are in danger of being unfeatured because of Engagement.

2. tillsontitan profile image89
    tillsontitanposted 4 years ago

"Don’t try to understand HP’s process or try to get any feedback on whether an author’s pages have been QAPed and ‘passed’ because everything is in beta and a constant state of flux."  I think that may be the most frustrating thing right now, along with inexplicable dropping traffic.

working