Add Placement Proved Not To Work.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (24 posts)
  1. Nell Rose profile image89
    Nell Roseposted 10 years ago

I never moan, in fact I am a quiet little thing, but I must admit that I noticed one thing recently. Ever since they have moved the Ads to the side panel I have lost about 30 dollars over the month. Fact. Please can you put the Ads back where they were? Most of my old hubs have the Ads in the top right column. But the newer ones don't. If you are trying it out then I can definitely state that it doesn't work in the side column. Nobody is taking any notice of it. Now I will go back to being quiet again. um!

1. MelissaWindham profile image69
      MelissaWindhamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am a newbie so I don't necessarily have a lot of knowledge, but in my websites prior to the hubpages, placement of ads was a priority and effective according to position.

2. janderson99 profile image54
      janderson99posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree - my earnings are down, CPM is down.
      Please restore the ad 250x250 top right.
      This ad is my main money earner and I design my layout to get maximum revenue from it. About 50% of my revenue come from this ad.
      Traffic is down so its time to restore this ad as there has been no traffic boost.
      see http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/113998

1. vocalcoach profile image93
        vocalcoachposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Same here Nell.  I make it a point never to us the top right space for Photos to make sure the are is available for ads. This is discouraging.

3. younghopes profile image68
      younghopesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for this query so much, i am having the same concern and i thought it was happening with me only, i tried all types of formatting my hub capsules so that those ads appear in the text but in vain. All my recent posts are without ads now. i mailed the team at HP for what was wrong along with the snapshot but they said " ad layout and placement is dependent upon how your Hub is formatted as well (not all ads can be placed in all layouts)."

4. topclass profile image61
      topclassposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looks like the ads are going to be removed for MONTHS!

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114099

2. Que Scout profile image71
    Que Scoutposted 10 years ago

Hi and readers

I read on Hubpages that only the bottom right, last add is payable. I tried to find the article and source to no avail. Perhaps someone else can remember who wrote it.

1. janderson99 profile image54

This is the way it works. The ad that is removed is highlighted.
      http://www.wotisnew.com/newads.jpg

3. profile image51
    Mobilejanitorialposted 10 years ago

Advertisement is the kind in the ad world.

4. sallybea profile image95
    sallybeaposted 10 years ago

I don't like all the bells and whistles we are seeing on the ads.  I also don't like the fact that the Ads which are placed on my Hubs are relevant to some of my own personal searches and are not anything to do with the things which I have been writing about on HubPages.   The blue writing which takes people off your site is also more obvious that the Ads placed on the site - in fact, this is the first thing you see.  It is also irritating to have to scroll half way down the page to tweet which we never had to do before.
    Now I shall be quiet!

1. janderson99 profile image54

Have your vote on the Ads here
      http://hub.me/afyTH

1. sallybea profile image95
        sallybeaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the link.  shared and google+

2. SpaceShanty profile image94
      SpaceShantyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ads show are based on your seaches, if I view one of your hubs ads related to my seaches will be shown.

5. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

Not being as observant as you are Nell, I didn't put two and two together to realize why the drop in earnings.  I have to totally agree with sallybea...when I'm writing a hub about say, butterflies, what good is an ad for pool supplies?  Doesn't make much sense.

Nell Roseposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks guys for your input, and mary I do know what you mean, I have noticed lots of dating sites on my hubs even writing about something completely different, and no I haven't been online dating, well, not yet.....lol!

Heaven forbid Nell Rose, hope you don't feel tempted to click on your own Ads!!!!

Lol! sally, the dating ads are all about meeting women! Nooooo! haha!

2. bac2basics profile image85
      bac2basicsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mary (Tillsontitan) I once asked the question about ad´s that weren´t related to the content I was writing about and a fellow hubber said that certain ad´s would be related to searches I had recently done. For instance I had been looking for online florists so I could send flowers to a sick friend and ad´s for Interflora kept coming up un my completely unrelated hubs, eg not home or gardening subjects, when I viewed them.

1. tillsontitan profile image81
        tillsontitanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Zactly b2b...I was looking for a pond filter and that add really didn't have anything to do with my hub about Academy Awards wink

6. Pamela99 profile image89
    Pamela99posted 10 years ago

I don't like the change either and I have noticed less income recently. I'm glad you brought this up as I can't see how it benefits Hubpages or us either.

Hi Pamela, me neither, we will just have to wait and see, unfortunately.

Seems the last laugh is on me.  I just had an advisory note from HubPages saying that my hub about Skype was in danger of being unpublished if i did not change the links on the page.  The ads related to phones which use Skype, (android phones).  I have now replaced these ads so it is clear that the phones are Skype phones and blow me down, what do I see, some Filipino Women inserted on my Hub - talk about hypocrisy, these women are nothing to do with Skype phones.  I don't think these ads enhance the subject at all, unless of course, they all use Skype!!!  I am against sexual exploitation of women anyway so why on earth should we have to put up with them?

I am getting tons of those women ads too! its driving me insane!

7. sabrebIade profile image79
    sabrebIadeposted 10 years ago

Okay put me down as one of those whose ecpm, rpm whatever Google is calling it now has bottomed.
    I have blogs kicking the crap outta my Hub Page earnings now and that has rarely ever happened.
    And the drop in money started when the tinkering started.
    So knock it off.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)