jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (19 posts)

15000 words in July

1. Elderberry Arts profile image98
    Elderberry Artsposted 4 years ago

I have set myself the challenge to write fifteen thousand words during July. Mostly I will write hubs but also some craft tutorials and blog posts too. I did a ten thousands words in a month challenge a few months ago so hoping I can improve on that.

1. Barbara Kay profile image90
      Barbara Kayposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I've been thinking about doing the same thing to keep me writing. I've been in a slump this summer. In fact I just wrote this suggestion on another forum post. Funny, we are thinking the same thing.

Elderberry Artsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am 5,000 word in so far so not a bad start. I made a list of ideas for hubs so hopefully will have plenty of ideas. Good luck if you decide to give it a go too.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Wow, this is really quite a challenge, Elderberry Arts! Be sure to update this thread with your completed Hubs to showcase your progress, and best of luck!

2. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

That's a good goal. I like that!
    I like the idea of those other challenges that have been put forth - like the 30 Hubs in 30 days, but I feel they're restricting. If you're writing for yourself, for Hubpages, for whatever else, it's easier to stick to with the variety.
    Are you including the social activity on hubpages, or just the published stuff?
    Best of luck! I might try something similar! Though I've been doing a lot of editing of older hubs and adding to them, so I might have to start at 0 for today and push my goal due date to August 4th.

I am only using  my published hubs and writing for other sites. Good luck big_smile

1. ThompsonPen profile image79
        ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I"m at about 1,000 words as of today! I'm 1/15th of the way there!

3. Elderberry Arts profile image98

I have gotten behind but hopefully can catch up this week. How are you all doing?

I have certainly gotten behind. With work and an out of state day trip (No, I don't live on any state lines either) for a wedding, I have not had a chance to write since Friday, and I don't think it was much at that point either. That's why I'm up at 5 this morning!

As of 9:30 this morning I am at about 4,500. That is just on Hubpages. I haven't had a chance to do any other writing as of yet.

4. Elderberry Arts profile image98

My weekend was similar. Written one hub today. Nice going though, I am at 7263 words now, so almost half way.

5. ThompsonPen profile image79
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

How's it going so far? I have been very very very busy! I have started many hubs, though not enough to count the word counts, just enough to write the outlines. I had one hub half way written. I then went to go make myself some tea, and as I did so, Windows rudely restarted my computer and I lost all I had written sad
    I hadn't had the chance to work on any other external work. But I'm hoping today I might be able to sneak a few paragraphs into my creative writing.

Oh no sad sorry to hear you lost your work. I have had that happen too. I am at 9655 words so far.

well done! I added another 1,000 today, so I'm at 5,500 ish

Did you reach your target?

I did, made it too 15,995.

well done! I still have a couple days to go, but I've only added a little over 3000 words to my word count. I'm slacking. But in my defense, I am also on Tour at a festival for ten days, and writing when I can smile
            Well done you!

6. Toytasting profile image70
    Toytastingposted 4 years ago

Great! How many words did you write? Is the goal accomplished?

My target was 15000 smile

working