jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Some peaceful background music while perusing your stats...

1. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

...doing hub work, etc...

Once you get past the obnoxious ad-loads that is. Worth it in this case...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOIjvHjK0Rw

1. hubsy profile image84
      hubsyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hmmmmm... very calming.
      I listen to this
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71MC8VQpc1U

2. HollieT profile image87
    HollieTposted 4 years ago

Actually PDS, that's lovely. I want to use it in the background for my Valley of the butterflies video.
    Can I do that, and if so, how?

paradigmsearchposted 4 years agoin reply to this

First, a rant... When we get our articles stolen blind; nary a cop or prosecutor, or other government official to be found. Stealing music, however, people get thrown in jail all the time. Why is that? OK, rant concluded.

Having no idea where the person who made that video got the music, I'd be leery. True, Beethoven and Chopin don't give a damn, but the performers might.

All I can suggest is:

1. If not already known, somehow find out the composer/title of the piece(s) you want to use.

2. Then do a search for: public domain classical music. With any luck, you'll find a public domain performance of it somewhere.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. sad

Update: I'm listening to it right now. I just realized there's  modern composers in there. Hopefully, the public domain search will save the day.

1. HollieT profile image87
        HollieTposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Because the people who own the rights to the music are generally wealthy and have teams of lobbyists who can help influence policy and the law, and lawyers who can help enforce it.

I asked if I could (thought that it might be in the public domain given that it was on Youtube) Whether rich or poor, I'm really not into stealing other people's work. Thanks, I'll use your suggestions. smile

I know you're a good girl. big_smile I was just concerned that we don't know the video's pedigree, and didn't want you to end up being falsely accused of anything.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I'm rocking out to it again as we speak.

2. WriteAngled profile image85
      WriteAngledposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hollie, the music is written by the person who posted it to YouTube. He has his own web site, which includes full contact details: http://relaxdaily.net/contact/

Why don't you get in touch? For all you know, he might be interested in having a joint initiative together with you, with him providing the music and you the video...

WriteAngled, you are a gem. No joke. Consider yourself hugged. smile

2. HollieT profile image87
        HollieTposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks WA, I will. I found the music really beautiful. The valley of the butterflies is really beautiful too, and although I did my best with the short video (being an amateur)  the background noise distracts from the environment. I think the two would be harmonious.

3. HollieT profile image87
    HollieTposted 4 years ago

I've emailed him.

4. paradigmsearch profile image94
    paradigmsearchposted 4 years ago

I'm now taking a walk on the wildside...

"Smooth Jazz Over 2 hours Jan 2013"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdBNI5Jej-M

1. Melissa A Smith profile image100
      Melissa A Smithposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I love Jazz. Thanks for the beach thing, I'm going to play that for my pets when I'm not around.

5. Mighty Mom profile image86
    Mighty Momposted 4 years ago

Thanks for this musical beach interlude.
    Actually made me put the gun down.

That's always a good thing. lol

1. Mighty Mom profile image86
        Mighty Momposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yes it is.
        I sure wish there was a "Stand Your Ground" law that applied against Google.
        lol

working