19 Hubs and Still No Adsense

Jump to Last Post 1-20 of 20 discussions (57 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 10 years ago

So I know Google has been kicking up their requirements, but I have 19 full, featured hubs and I still don't have an adsense account.  I've seen other people with less hubs than me that are shorter that have adsense accounts.  Is there something that I am missing?

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
      paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hide your doobie hub? Or maybe they just lost your paperwork; no reason Google should be different from any other corporation...

2. susi10 profile image97
      susi10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Check your spam folder, you never know your congratulations! email could be there, mine went into spam and I didn't know for a whole week that I was approved. Don't worry, you will be approved eventually, it can be worrying for Hubbers but I would recommend you writing a few more hubs.

1. profile image0
        Ben Blackwellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I got the reply saying insufficient content.

1. paradigmsearch profile image61
          paradigmsearchposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I see we cross-posted...

Jeez, Google is becoming one tough road...

2. drpennypincher profile image85
        drpennypincherposted 10 years agoin reply to this

susi10- good point.  My AdSense approval e-mail sat in my spam folder for awhile before I noticed it.  I got approved with 30 hubs a couple months ago.

3. Marisa Wright profile image87
      Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Those people likely got their Adsense account when standards were lower. They seem to have got a lot stricter this year.  I've seen lots of threads from people who've been rejected at 20 Hubs.

I'm now advising people not to bother until they've been here a month (time seems to be important too) and have 30 good Hubs.

4. KitchenBuyersAid profile image79
      KitchenBuyersAidposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you read through this whole thread, it's hilarious because
      "Does anybody really know what time it is"
          happened to come on the radio.

5. jhehe profile image89
      jheheposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Wow this is depressing, I just started hubpages yestarday, published my first hub and it got featured. Now, when writing hubs, I noticed that there's a 'meter' on the top right hand side that shows certain recommendations such as adding a picture, video, and polls. Just wondering, if I consistently meet all those requirements, will it help give me a boost?

1. susi10 profile image97

Yes, following the requirements will give you a 300% boost in search traffic. I would recommend you do some of those requirements, as Google prefers long-form, media rich hubs smile. Read here for more:
        http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Need-Some-Goals
        A hub with 500 words will get a lot less views than a hub of 1500 words.

6. VVanNess profile image77
      VVanNessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Check out
      <link snipped> for more information. I hope this helps!

7. New Understanding profile image59
      New Understandingposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It could be you've only been with Hubpages for 5 weeks, but 19 hubs is impressive!  I just got approved by Adsense this week with 13 hubs.  I have been with Hubpages since March though so time may have something to do with it.  I checked a few of your articles and it doesn't look like you have a summary on them.  They may look at that.  Also, do links to your own similar articles. I think they look at where traffic is coming from such as Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr  even link your signature on your email to your profile and if aren't doing it already, index your hubs with google. I'd wait a month or two and try again.

8. ketage profile image81
      ketageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure if this helps but I got adsense with fewer hubs, what I did was try to make sure that I had all the little tics on the ( need some goals ) were filled in. Number of words, photos, and interactive capsules. I noticed a few of your hubs were a little short, Maybe google doesn't count those ? just a theory though.

9. Marina Lazarevic profile image76
      Marina Lazarevicposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hey Ben—did you receive an approval email from Google in the last couple of days? As far as I can tell, your application was approved two days ago. It was pending when I checked late last week. Just wanted to give you a heads up!

2. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

I'm assuming that you did apply? It's not something that Google or HP automatically does for you. smile

3. profile image0
    Ben Blackwellposted 10 years ago

I did apply.  I applied a few times before, actually, but I've applied once since I published my 19th hub.  I'll try again.

4. paradigmsearch profile image61
    paradigmsearchposted 10 years ago

susi10 has a very good point. I thought of that, too, but forgot to say it.

5. johnsonrallen profile image89
    johnsonrallenposted 10 years ago

I just got approved after 13 Hubs, however I don't think Hub amounts is what counts- it's the time period you've had your account open. I applied three times and was approved after 6 weeks being a member here. Give it two weeks, try again and I'm sure that will solve the problem.

6. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image86
    Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years ago

I made 21 High Quality Hubs with at least 100 views each hub and then they kindly gave me the Adsense smile
    Some people get the adsense with few Hubs, BUT for google the really important thing is "Words", with more Hubs with high quality content with pictures, videos, polls and several capsules of information this will increase your probabilities of getting the adsense.
    I'm a new Hubber, I recently get to the month of activity and I'm having a lot of fun and it's even funnier to get paid by writing articles. Keep it up, the money is a secondary thing here in HubPages, you should be more worried in your articles and the impact in the people, if you do a good work in this part then the money will come later for sure. Good luck.

1. Vista15 profile image59
      Vista15posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a Ad Sense account.  I have given them first my Pay Pal information, and then my bank information, and somewhere it said I had 14 cents coming.  When I click on the thing for payments on my account page, it says I do not have Ad Sense.  What the???

1. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Adsense does not use Paypal.  You may have given HubPages your Paypal address? 

You have to apply to Adsense for an account. Once it's approved you can then use that account on HubPages (or any other site) but it's not run by HubPages.

7. xmags profile image80
    xmagsposted 10 years ago

i have 22 published hubs,  all featured,  still no adsense. Same reason,  says insufficient content. the email says insufficient content but the status on hp says disabled for tos violation. it's frustrating.

8. xmags profile image80
    xmagsposted 10 years ago

i think i won't apply for a long time. and yeah,  the money is only secondary.

9. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

I just got "prelimary" approval (or something like that) a couple of days ago, with 30-32 featured hubs at the time. I am still under review. I have seen a very small earnings flow starting a couple of days ago from the earnings program, I think. (I don't understand any of this very well.) I guess it takes a lot of hubs these days.

10. blueheron profile image91
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

I was also refused by Google Adsense at about 25 hubs, incidentally.

11. annasantos profile image59
    annasantosposted 10 years ago

@Ben Blackwell, I just checked your hubs and they have ads on them, the rectangular thin-sized ad on the side and even at the bottom.  That must be Adsense by Google.

12. rainsanmartin profile image86
    rainsanmartinposted 10 years ago

Yes, log out of your account, then click on one of your hubs. Only then will you see the 3 ads on your page. One to the right and two at the bottom.

13. Jared Miles profile image68
    Jared Milesposted 10 years ago

I hate to sound like the bad guy, but I got Adsense approved with 13 Hubs. I don't know why, but I think it might have something to do with consistent traffic from one of my Hubs bringing around 80 views a day, for the past few months. What do you think?

14. Uzair Aslam profile image60
    Uzair Aslamposted 10 years ago

You are wrong, adsense account approval does not require your hub to have large traffic on them.If your hubpages account is less than 6 month old, you won,t be accepted, wait for that time period to be completed and then reapply and for sure you would have your adsense account.do not quit writing featured hubs, write daily and then when your account will be approved you will make money with the principal, more hubs=more clicks=more Dollars

1. annasantos profile image59
      annasantosposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it does not have to do with traffic or anything.  Because I just joined Hubpages two weeks ago. I have existing Adsense account and on my first hub, I have my adsense already on it, considering I only have one hub running and very new to HP and no traffic whatsoever.  I just have two hubs at this point in time and have adsense on both of them.  Hope this helps...

1. blueheron profile image91
        blueheronposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Amazing! It took me a month and at least 30 featured hubs. Traffic was respectable--I guess--I don't know what is considered good traffic.

2. Jared Miles profile image68
      Jared Milesposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You can get Adsense approval without having waited 6 months, Uzair

1. Uzair Aslam profile image60
        Uzair Aslamposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know you can, but people from countries like china and India have to wait for the six month period

...sorry typo error, what i meant to say is...Adsense does not have to do with traffic or how long you are with HP...because I just joined HP, 3 weeks to be exact and got adsense on my first hub already...now, i only have two hubs running and have adsense on both of them...i would agree with content i think...just my 2 cents.

1. profile image0

I think it's different for you because you already had an adsense account.

Hi Ben Blackwell...I have checked your hubs and they have ads in there...When I first published my first hub, I didn't see any ads in there, only after 3 days...same thing with my second hub...so i really don't know what Google is up to...not really sure...

1. profile image0

Those are just Hubpages' ads.  They will take in all of the revenue until I take over part of it with Google Adsense.

When you do get approved by AdSense and apply for the HP Ad Program, Google AdSense takes up only one ad unit, the very bottom right ad.

3. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
      Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You don't have to be on here for 6 months. Many people get approved before that time period.

1. psycheskinner profile image84
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Unless you are from an embargoed country.

1. Kathryn Stratford profile image88
          Kathryn Stratfordposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Oh, I see.

Hubbers from countries in Asia may need six months before they can apply for AdSense such as India, Nigeria and so on.

15. annasantos profile image59
    annasantosposted 10 years ago

Adchoices are by Google Adsense...that's it...

U can check my 2 hubs and my ads look the same as yours...they are all by google adsense

1. profile image0

Yes, but Hubpages splits the revenue with the writers 60:40.  Until my adsense account is approved, hubpages will get all of the revenue.

That's their rules...And you know what? It's weird because there are days these ads appear and sometimes they don't...I don't know why...

1. blueheron profile image91
            blueheronposted 10 years agoin reply to this
  16. Uzair Aslam profile image60

I know this from my experience that if you have about 15 featured hubs, then you have enough text to get approved.When Google rejects your application saying insufficient content it means now you need to wait for the 6 month completion process and then reapply and you will get the account, but only this policy of 6th month is applied to residents of some asian countries.

1. xmags profile image80
      xmagsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

uzair aslam, how do we know if our country is part of the 6-months policy?

17. rebthomas profile image82
    rebthomasposted 10 years ago

I believe any country outside of the United States is in the 6 month policy.

1. Dvd Zermeno Perez profile image86
      Dvd Zermeno Perezposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, Only some Countries have the six month rule:
      Algeria
      Bahrain
      Bangladesh
      Brazil
      China
      Egypt
      India
      Indonesia
      Jordan
      Kuwait
      Lebanon
      Libya
      Malaysia
      Morocco    Nepal
      Oman
      Pakistan
      Palestine
      Philippines
      Qatar
      Saudi Arabia
      Singapore
      Sri Lanka
      Thailand
      Tunisia
      United Arab Emirates
      Vietnam
      Yemen

1. DrMark1961 profile image97
        DrMark1961posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi David,I do not know where you got that list from but I can tell you for sure, based on personal experience, that it is incorrect. Google does not have any sort of six month rule for Brazilians.

I get it from the AdSense FAQ page, but sadly it's outdated...so I'm sorry if some countries are not any longer in the six month rule. Thanks for the notification DrMark1961. I already submitted a ticket asking for a review on that FAQ section.

18. 2uesday profile image66
    2uesdayposted 10 years ago

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

I do not know when this was last updated but it is from HubPages.

I am adding this link as I believe that some of the information added here as comments, is incorrect.

19. Uzair Aslam profile image60

Hubbers from some countries also have to demonstrate high quality online activity (i.e. publish high quality Hubs) for at least six months before AdSense will accept their applications.

http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

20. profile image49
    billtweakerposted 10 years ago

well if you've got 19 hubs and don't qualify for adsense I probably wouldn't qualify for it if I re-applied today. (only 1 hub right now but I mean all of my content online) luckily I signed up over 4 years ago.

do you have any content outside of hub pages?

For a good approval with AdSense you must have at least 75 points in your HubScore, without this AdSense instantly reject your application, is a filter made by HubPages to help Google with the application and to keep the high quality in both programs.
      It's recommended to have at least 15 HighQuality Hubs with at least 100 views each one before applying to Adsense, keep the hard work.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)