jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Who is making money off ads on my hubs if I don't have an adsense account?

1. meganlsmith3 profile image80
    meganlsmith3posted 6 years ago

Who is making money off ads on my hubs if I don't have an adsense account?

Adsense hasn't approved me yet, but there are google ads on my hubs.  If they don't think my site is worthy enough to approve my application, then why are they advertising on my hubs, and who is getting the money?

2. lobobrandon profile image90
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Those are HP ads. Even when you get an account HP ads appear 40% of the time and yours 60%. You can always disable ads from the edit hub option on the right where all the capsules come explore the various options and you'll find it.

3. meganlsmith3 profile image80
    meganlsmith3posted 6 years ago

Thank you brandon.  I'm really just a little frustrated with adsense right now.  I probably don't have enough traffic to generate a significant amount of money anyways.  Thanks for the info and the quick response.

4. Jila777 profile image75
    Jila777posted 6 years ago

HubPages. The Google ads that show on your hubs have HubPages AdSense ID on them if you don't have AdSense yet.

If you're having a problem getting approved for AdSense, try setting up a free Blogger blog and build it up with a few quality post first. Then reapply for AdSense. It might be easier that way because Google owns Blogger and they make it super easy to monetize them with AdSense.

5. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 6 years ago

Google adsense will take a while to approve your account so be patient.

Before the Adsense account is approved Hubpages earns form the ads. But what I am most concerned about is that you actually are taking this very personally. More than likely your account will get approved and the challenge is then keeping the account without violating the TOS. Don't worry about who earns from your hubs before the account is approved. It's not that Google thinks your hubs aren't good enough, it is how they do their thing. Google seem to like HP for some reason so as I said before, be patient and let the ads run, maybe as a gift to HP for a free account?!

6. ManOfTopic profile image33
    ManOfTopicposted 6 years ago

If they are public service ads, then no one earns from them.

If on the other hand the are full blown ads, then perhaps HubPages earns or they might go for donations, not sure.

Not really a problem IMO?

7. rajan jolly profile image88
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Hubpages is getting money for these ads. Hubpages owns the site and the ads are hosted on its site. The ads works on the hubpages adsense id and thus they get paid till the hubber gets approved and starts getting paid for it from the ads displayed on his hubs.

8. techniche profile image65
    technicheposted 5 years ago

Hubpages earn from those ads . Even if you get adsense , and you apply for hubpages ads program , hubpages will place its ads then and will continue to earn . But that is not a matter to think upon as Hubpages give you nice platform and audience as well for free to do your blogging , and to share your views .

working