jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Should I continue writing this or should I give it up?

1. jabelufiroz profile image74
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

Fed up with Not featured due to Engagement. Should I continue writing this or should I give it up?

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Not features due to engagement means that you are not getting visitors to your pages through the search engines. This is due to the fact that people are not searching for the subjects of your hubs. Nor can I see there suddenly being an upswing in interest in the subjects of your hubs.

HP use the fact that Google sends no traffic to indicate that the hub could be substandard, de-indexing the hub therefore prevents the site from being penalized through having many substandard hubs. However some good hubs will be caught by this due to the fact that they do not attract traffic. However you are losing nothing as Google was not sending you traffic anyway!

Being un-featured for lack of engagement gives you two options; you can try to improve the hub to make it more search friendly in the hope of gaining traffic, or you can move it.
      I would guess that there is little that you could do in your subject areas to gain traffic as it is just not a highly trafficked area. If people are not searching for the subjects of your hubs you will never gain traffic. Featured or not featured it will make little difference to your performance here on HP.

You may be better of moving all of your hubs onto your own site and trying to make a name for yourself in your niche and gaining traffic that way. It is unlikely to happen through a site such as HP that is never going to be seen as the go to site for marine engineering etc.. But even if you create your own site you will never have thousands of visitors everyday as there are just not that number searching for your subject areas..

2. barbat79 profile image69
      barbat79posted 4 years ago in reply to this

I feel your pain.  Once upon a time all my hubs were featured..and then the new rules came into play.  Unfortunately  I don't have the time to create new hubs or rewrite others right now, but I like the thought let the chips fall where they may, Chris in VA!

2. Chris in VA profile image61
    Chris in VAposted 4 years ago

Depends on why you wrote it in the first place. If you were looking for featured status or to generate traffic only; then you should stop. If it was because you wanted to share it with the world; then write it and let the chips fall where they may.

working