jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Inexplicable surge

1. Shinkicker profile image96
    Shinkickerposted 4 years ago

I published a Hub 2 years ago.

And ever since it has had a small average of hits. But now in the past 2 days it has had half the hits that it has ever had.

I'm obviously very happy but curious about the sudden explosion for no apparent reason.
    How many other folk have experienced this and what's the reason do you think?

1. NateB11 profile image94
      NateB11posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I think it's a combination of a Hub aging and getting crawled and indexed and the somewhat unpredictable nature of what people search for. In other words, it's had time to gain traction and also, for whatever reason, people are searching the keywords in that Hub. Educated guess. But it seems reasonable to me.

Shinkickerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm totally curious why Nate. I guess you just can't predict these things.

2. Millionaire Tips profile image94
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

Check your traffic sources.  I had a small surge recently on one of my hubs, and it looks like it was coming from yahoo mail. I am guessing someone shared a link to my hub when they were discussing something. Hopefully they were saying good things!

Unfortunately, this type of surge is only temporary.

Shinkickerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep. Fell off the cliff on day 3. The word 'plummet' springs to mind. But it was nice while it lasted.

1. anotherleftturn profile image77
        anotherleftturnposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Message boards often  account for that kind of traffic surge too. Some kind soul posted a link to my article on Nitromater.com with a "hey, I like this" and nothing more... resulted in over 500 hits in two days. I wanted to send them a thank you card *lol*

working