Surge in traffic anyone?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (75 posts)
  1. Hollie Thomas profile image61
    Hollie Thomasposted 12 years ago

At the beginning of December my traffic was down by around 60%. My hubs were in the same position in the SERPs as they had been previously, so the whole situation was rather odd. Today however, my traffic is up to pre December levels and climbing. Anyone else experiencing a surge in traffic?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I had the same experience - 75% drop in early December, then it bumped along at that level (except for a brief rally after Christmas), but it's now suddenly started climbing again.  I've done nothing to cause the change - I think it's just Google tweaking.

Hollie Thomasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I hope so, Marissa. And, I hope it continues. smile

Yes, the tweak seems to be in our favour right now!

2. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 12 years ago

No, I'm a bit below December levels, but nothing drastic. December was my all-time record month for views.

I do have one hub that gets a significant number of views in the Christmas season (well, significant for me!), and a new one produced this year was also fairly popular. Unsurprisingly, views for both of these have now dropped significantly.

3. K9keystrokes profile image84
    K9keystrokesposted 12 years ago

I went through all of my hubs yesterday (took the entire day) and did the spring cleaning HP suggested in a previous forum thread. I even removed my "vote up" banner from every hub. I started cleaning-up my hubs about a week ago, and began seeing traffic rise because of it. So, this is where I felt my traffic surge was coming from. I am seeing about 30% rise in traffic since doing the maintenance, especially on older hubs. Have you been doing some clean-up as well? If so, possibly this is where the boost is coming from?
    Just guessing, as nothing is for sure I am finding out! cool

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

K9strokes   How do you remove the 'vote up' banner?

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81
      Wesman Todd Shawposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Keystrokes isn't talking about the thing where we can either vote something down or up - but a personalized banner or photo capsule that Keystrokes was using.

1. K9keystrokes profile image84
        K9keystrokesposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Todd! smile HP makes it clear that we should vote and comment with their own banner, so ours are not needed; actually will be banned soon. There is a thread about it at the top of the forums page by Jason. Sorry for the misunderstanding LindaSmith1.

5. lukeuk profile image63
    lukeukposted 12 years ago

I just give up. I am terrible at seo sad I have 38 hubs and barely get 50 views a day. Only about 5 of my articles are not of very good quality so that still gives me over 30 hubs of good quality.

1. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

Dude.....you just started.....

1. lukeuk profile image63
        lukeukposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I would hardly say just started. I know people on here that have been on the site for less, have less hubs, and are claiming to have around 3K page views per day.

We've both been here around the same amount of time and I've never had anything like that. The most hits I've had in a day were around 250 and that was mainly down to one holiday hub that did really well.

You have still got over 10 K total views mind, thats with less Hubs than I have. I just would love to know what I am doing so wrong. I don't think its my writing because I often get positive feedback from other writers comments. Therefore it just has to be my SEO that is terrible. Can you offer me any ideas on how to increase my rankings. For instance, give me an example of what you do after you have published a hub to increase views to it ?

To be honest, I'm pretty rubbish at SEO too. I generally use keywords that are searched but not highly searched. My aim is to generate 10 hits a day on each hub (I haven't necessarily achieved that though) After I publish a hub I use Imautomator, social monkee and social adr. There's loads of hubbers that know way more about SEO than I do though, so I'd suggest starting a post and asking for help. People will gladly give it.

Thank you for your tips Hollie, I appreciate your guidance.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image61

Lukeuk,

If you post in extreme hub makeover, you can ask for feedback from really experienced hubbers (I'm not one, I don't feel I have the right to critique another's work when I'm so inexperienced myself)

Also, read some of Izzy m's hubs about optimization and also Sunforged, there are loads more, I just can't bring them all to mind right now.

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image81

Do you realize that people LIE pretty often?

Also, they might be writing about things that they researched the keywords for, and well know they were highly used search terms with low competition.

I totally realize that, Its just the person I was referring to here on HP did have an accolade for over 1M views with so little hubs, I was shocked !

3. CyclingFitness profile image90
          CyclingFitnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Never beleive the hype. People like to give the impression they're more successful than they are. Read their hubs and think about where their traffic might be coming from.

If you can actually see where they might be getting some traffic from use that as an inspiration to open your mind for your next hub

2. brakel2 profile image73
      brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Don't give up. When you least expect it, things will get better. i gradually worked on SEO, and it took me forever. Then gradually things started to click. I used a website or blog of Wesman  and got better and better. i changed some titles and made revisions. My views are better but not that great. I am exited about learning SEO a little better.

Thank you for your words of encouragement if they were directed at me smile

Luke, have you considered joining a hub Challenge? I learned so much from mu challenge team, and by reading the learning center here on HP. It is a lot of work, but for me anyway, it really paid off in terms of getting some SEO knowledge going.

This might sound odd since i'm on hubpages, but i'm not a heavy reader. I love to write, but reading loads is not my thing. I have actually never read an entire book in my life ! I'm the sort that would prefer to learn lots of information from a video. If the learning center was more of a bullet point type style then that would be good for me. However what I have seen its long lengthy writing. Its just not my learning style unfortunately as it doesn't sink in through reading lengthy pages of info. Thank you for the thought though.

I love to read, but the book has to capture my attention within the first couple of pages. I also learned in later life that I'm a visual kinesthetic learner, a seer and doer. We all learn in different ways. If you're an experiential learner then you just need to keep experimenting and do what's right for you. Just keep writing and experimenting.

Hey Hollie, I bet when you started this thread you didn't imagine it would have gotten this big, its getting huge ! Yeah I learn best with things that are more hands on like driving a car, unfortunately I cant get hands on online unless I'm Neo out of the matrix so I can plug myself in wink That way I could start doing some right nifty tricks with Google !

2. brakel2 profile image73
          brakel2posted 12 years agoin reply to this

Yes my remarks were for lukeuk.  Good luck.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86

First, Google gives your sub-domain a "Panda" score based on its overall quality. Google has said that even one or two low quality posts can result in your entire site being penalized.  So if you feel you have some low quality Hubs, delete them or revise them - they may be dragging everything else down.

Second, SEO is only part of the story.   If you're writing about a popular subject that's already extensively covered elsewhere on established blogs, you're wasting your time - there's no way you're going to knock them off the top spots in the search engines, no matter how well-optimized your Hubs are.  It strikes me that might be part of your problem.

The other possible problem is that you're choosing topics no one is searching for.  Before you write a Hub, ask yourself, "is anyone likely to be searching for this?"  If the answer is no, then you'll make very little money on it!  That doesn't mean you shouldn't write it for fun, just don't expect it to be an earner.

Nice to hear from you again Marisa ! We seem to keep bumping into each other on HP !

6. Hollie Thomas profile image61

@ Writeangled, I wonder perhaps if another panda is presently being rolled out? If   you have noticed a decrease in traffic from just two of your hubs, then perhaps this is just a temporary situation. (Fingers crossed)

@ K9keystrokes. I have altered a couple of titles today and added some tags to a couple of hubs, but my traffic was already beginning to rise prior to my doing this so, I'm pretty sure the surge is unrelated. Just hope it continues.

Got it...I hope it continues for you as well Hollie. smile

Cheers. smile

2. WriteAngled profile image74
      WriteAngledposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I'm not bothered about it at the moment. The two hubs are seasonal, and they accounted for a 15-20% increase in views during most of December. Unsurprisingly, those views have now died off. I'm now back to where I was last November and reasonably happy since I'm getting 10-12 times the views I had at the depth of Panda and about 4 times the views I had during my best pre-Panda period.

There are fluctuations from day to day, but no real trend at the moment. I find the fluctuations in CPM more annoying. It is frustrating to have a really good day in views translate into lower than average daily earnings.

7. ArtzGirl profile image73
    ArtzGirlposted 12 years ago

I've been writing specialized hub pages on the topic of Chemtrails for a year now.  As I make new discoveries, then I post my new findings.  I've spent over 8-16 hour days trying to get to the bottom of what this technology is all about.  When I finally had a breakthrough in understanding, I posted the results and then posted this on the Chemtrail groups that I have been a part of online and on Facebook.

This last Chemtrail article has already received over 1500 views and has not even been up a month yet.  But I worked my tail off pulling up and posting the best videos that I've found on this subject.

http://artzgirl.hubpages.com/hub/So-You … on-Rampage

-----------

Another thing that I did, I went back to the bulk of the videos that I posted from youtube-- and made a quick note to let people know that I had taken a year and a half to research this topic and that I had created a video culmination of my efforts.  This has probably doubled the viewership from sources on youtube-- and I did the same on the Chemtrail groups that I've been a part of on Facebook and personally wrote e-mails to friends that I knew that are interested in this topic.

It all helps.
    Don't give up--
    Write on topics that you are passionate about, then let people know that you've posted a new article!

8. CyclingFitness profile image90
    CyclingFitnessposted 12 years ago

I had a real good surge for the first week in January which has eased off to December levels. However many of my sports training related hubs focus on winter type training which people may have set as resolutions/ targets post New Year

I suppose the next few weeks will tell. I find it difficult to believe that my initial drop in traffic was seasonal. It just seemed a bit weird. Who knows what's happening.

9. Cardia profile image75
    Cardiaposted 12 years ago

I don't know if to call it a 'surge' exactly, but I've noticed that my Hub views are going up in number pretty steadily. For example, I published a Hub a few days ago, and it quickly passed out my previously best performing Hub in views! I'm really happy about it smile
    Also, I've noticed that my Hubscore is staying pretty high, but I don't know if that's exactly related.

10. cclitgirl profile image93
    cclitgirlposted 12 years ago

This is great information here - and actually very encouraging.  I was sitting here earlier today wondering...Uh...some of my hubs don't even have comments.  :'(  I think they're high quality and everything...K9keystrokes - you're an awesome Hubber, by the way.  When I first got here, I immediately went your hubs and "studied" them so I could become better myself.  I went to a lot of the "Elite" pages and studied to make my hubs better.  It's a comprehensive process, this Hubbing.
    I know I just started, but I'm soooo wanting to be farther up the ladder than I am...pageviews, more efficiency in writing....

What you have accomplished in just 7 weeks is truly amazing.

2. K9keystrokes profile image84

Thanks cclitgirl, you are too kind. I learned as you are, by watching my Hubber mentors and asking questions as I knew nothing. Only with the help of this great community did I learn how to put a hub together. You, are on a very good path to becoming a really successful hubber. I will be asking you for advice in no time! wink

11. ergenzinger profile image61
    ergenzingerposted 12 years ago

Great information and advice here. I'm new to HP but am eager to learn. Thanks to all for sharing.

12. David 470 profile image80
    David 470posted 12 years ago

No my traffic is going down. Sadly, this month will not be near as good as December.

13. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 12 years ago

Google is messing with everyone right now I think.

I have a website which averages ~40-80 visits a day. On January 9 it suddenly had over 400 hits from search engines, on unrelated and varying topics. Then the next day it was back to normal views~

14. Max Dalton profile image85
    Max Daltonposted 12 years ago

I've only been at this for a few months, but I really worked to build up my hubs. Early in January I was getting 350 hits per day. All of a sudden, it dropped off the face of the earth and I was down to 40 hits per day for a while. Now I'm between 75 and 100 per day, but not near where I was. I filed a re-inclusion request a week or so ago with Google to see if my HP subdomain had been penalized. Still waiting to hear about that. Fingers crossed.

There's a link on one of the forum posts from a few weeks ago, I can't remember the name of the thread (not helpful, I know) and you could input your sub domain URL and it would give an instant answer as to whether you had been sand boxed. Perhaps someone will be along shortly with the link.

1. Jean Bakula profile image92
        Jean Bakulaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I was getting about 3K views a week in Oct. and Nov. Dec. was fine for the first half of the month, then all my stuff sunk like a stone. Is it Google? I finally felt like I was getting somwhere, and now yesterday had all blue arrows. I do clean up my hubs pretty often. I hope it's a passing thing.

You're not alone.  There have been several threads since early December, by people who have experienced huge dips and surges (like, over 60% in a day).  I can't see any possible reason except Google.

2. Max Dalton profile image85
        Max Daltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I found a link to a Google Sandbox checker, but it sand every site I typed in was in the sandbox, lol. I'm interested to see where the reinclusion request I filed with Google gets me, and if I even hear back from anyone. I haven't been on HP long enough for my stuff to become stale, I use a lot of original photos, I don't use Amazon or eBay affiliates, I don't use more than 20 key phrases and almost all of my hubs are between 400 and 1,000 words. It's just really frustrating.

1. Will Apse profile image87
          Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

If you are using the searchenginegenie sandbox tool. I would not take it seriously. It says that my most popular page is sandboxed- which it definitely isn't.

It does look as if many of your pages are still sandboxed, though.

I'm paranoid about Panda so when anyone says they have plunged I go look and try to see what might have caused it. Your pages are detailed and informative, read well and generally reek of quality so I am surprised. Usually when someone has been hit by Panda the cause is obvious.

Having said that, I wonder if the issue is that you have some pages that get poor view durations and might be worth deleting. A few pages that Google hates can sink a small, newish account.

Also, I noticed that some of the topics you are covering have been well covered before and sometimes with exactly the same title. This is an issue taken seriously on sites like Wizzley. If what you are offering is already widely available they won't let you publish it. I am guessing they decided on this policy because they reckon it is a Panda issue.

1. Max Dalton profile image85
            Max Daltonposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Hi Will and All:

Well, after pounding my head against the wall for a week and a half, I unpublished some of my hubs with low scores last night, which was about five out of my roughly 75 just to see what happened. I haven't seen a bump in traffic yet, but I noticed that it looks like I've fully regained my previous positions in Google's SERPs! I'm new and have very little clue what I'm actually doing, but if you're having problems with page views, seriously consider un-publishing some of your hubs with low scores. Hopefully, I can avoid whatever landed me in the Google sandbox for a very long time.

I know you've pointed this out in a few other forums, Will, but thanks for banging the drum and taking the time to help a newer hubber. I appreciate it.

Max.

Many of us are experiencing similar changes in traffic right now, even though we've done nothing - so I don't think you can draw any conclusions from it, unfortunately, except that Google is tweaking.

2. Will Apse profile image87
              Will Apseposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Congrats! You seem to be out of the sandbox. Whether the deletions did the trick or it was something else, who knows?

One thing for sure, you don't want pages Google really hates in your account. That is just asking for trouble.

15. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 12 years ago

I had a downward surge in traffic. sad

It's starting to get frustrating to be honest. The more, higher quality, hubs I write the less views they seem to get.

16. Hollie Thomas profile image61

This is why I haven't been publishing hubs frequently here. I just don't want to invest too much time for nothing. Google is messed up, they don't seem to know what they want from authors.

Same here Hollie. I haven't been writing here as much since November. My astrology hubs do the best, and I wrote 2 new ones. Normally they get about 30 reads in two days, and these got 10 & 12! People don't comment on them much, but they do read them, and according to the stats, read them all the way through. I'm writing on Helium and concentrating on my blog. I hope it gets better. I like it here.

Jean, writing on Helium - really?  You do know that you can never, ever delete your articles from there and the pay is lousy.  They also have a record of changing rules even more frequently than HubPages.

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jean you may want to read this hub about helium.

http://marisawright.hubpages.com/hub/He … n-or-Money

1. WriteAngled profile image74

Just over 30 articles on Helium bring in less than $1 a month! That's with a 3-star author score, which is not bad for so few articles. And that pathetic sum only gets paid if I decide I want to waste time on their compulsory rating.

I'm not sure what to think about Helium. The subjects are varied, but rather uninteresting. I  wrote 9 pieces, and "won" my $1.00 for 2 of them. I went into it thinking they paid up front, lies as usual. It appears from forums they used to have weekly contests, which paid better, but are offering less of them. Tonight they did offer me a list of freelance topic assignments to choose from, but none of them interested me and they didn't say how much it would pay. I don't care if I can't delele from there, the topics are such no brainers I figured I could pick up some quick cash, but you have to make $25 to get it, and at $1.00 a time, that could take long. I prefer HP, because I can write about what I want.  But the traffic and games HP is playing are getting discouraging too. Helium also has a weird footnoting system, and something called Leapfrog. They expect you to fix anything in your article by putting it through this Leapfrog process, and then when or if you do, you are starting at a score of about 50 and have to work your way back up. It's mindless, I have one "How not to eat at night." I wrote good ones on Eros and Psyche, but the audience doesn't seem very bright. Many of the forum posts seem really old too.

1. WriteAngled profile image74

If no price is stated and you see RS, you only get revenue share for views, which is how I make less than £1 a month for just over 30 articles.

For just under 30 articles here, I make more in a day than I make in a month at Helium!

Added to which the "community" there is one of the nastiest, smug, self-satisfied bunch of ******* I have met on the Net.

The fact an author cannot make corrections/updates without having to endure the leapfrog system is idiotic.

I did actually get rating down to a fine art, so that I am able to maintain at least one rating star in less than one hour's rating every couple of months. However, even that is starting to feel like a ridiculous waste of time for a return of less than a dollar per month on my articles!

HI WriteAngled,
                I didn't knock myself on Helium. I think my writing is better than much of what I am seeing there though. But when your article is graded by large groups of people, the stats keep changing. So a good article could end up 4th out of 5 who wrote to that topic. I didn't choose any for revenue share, as I said I  thought you got the money just for writing the article. I didn't write anything of importance. Well, maybe one, but it's OK. Not sure if I'll stay. Anything I wrote I only spent less than 45 minutes on it,  my time is more valuable. I will check out some of the sites Marisa mentioned.

2. Randy Godwin profile image59
              Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

DON'T DO IT!!! They can ban you and keep all of your articles with no chance of getting them back.  I should know.  The have over 100 of my article and have sold some of them since I was booted from the site.  I finally reported them to the Better Business Bureau but they would not even respond to them.

I've written 2 hubs about them and sullied their name all over the net.  I caught them lying about their "volunteer" stewards--now called Channel Mangers--not getting paid.  Crooks they are!  Beware their TOS! 

Watch out for the contests if a channel manager is entered.  They have special rating privileges and can rate in any channel they choose.  This means they can choose the channels of the contest subjects and rate down or reject leapfrogs of their competition.  Without being able to leap(edit) your articles they will not rise in rank, and therefore, not win you any money.  Sorry I was long winded but wanted to warn you about Helium :Where Knowledge Ain't

Thanks Randy,
                You know, I wrote a really good piece on Eros and Psyche, for Valentine's Day, and I know it would have been popular here. It didn't win, and one of the Channel Mgrs. did win. So I guess you are right, everyone is dissing them, and I hate the Leapfrog feature, it's stupid and time wasting to tie up your article in there for almost 2 days to change a typo. I only wrote 9 articles, but several would have been nice for HP, and I already have a better body of work here. I just get discouraged and some months don't make the payout. Backlinking doesn't do much for me. I was happy 2 out of 8 out my articles won, but that's one quarter, so I'd have to write 100 to make $25.00 at that percentage. I'm going to stop while I'm OK. I didn't give them anything really good, the topics are silly.

I just checked back because Helium told me my Eros and Psyche piece "transitioned" back from wherever. I didn't "Leap" it. The same guy beat me that did once before, and his stuff isn't much different. Also, it looks like somebody screwed with my article. The tenses are all mixed, and though I usually check because I'm inclined to do that, I was careful here. They change your stuff on you too!

1. Randy Godwin profile image59

Yep, one of their editors contacted me to tell me she was going to change one of my articles, not knowing I was permanently banned from the site.  You can imagine my reaction.  Needless to say, after she received my response to her email I haven't heard from her.  I stated that under no circumstance did she have my permission to edit my articles.  I doubt it stopped her though!

2. Randy Godwin profile image59

A leapfrog only takes 3 rejects to kill it, Jean.  That's why I say the contests are manipulated.  Two or three CMs can get together and help each other kill all leaps which may compete with their own.  Yes, the leaps are stupid. and make the contest not for the best piece, but for the most timely leaps. 

After the contest is over the best article usually begins to rise and the winner usually falls.  Very discouraging to any writer entering the contest when the same crappy authors win the contests.

17. Richieb799 profile image77
    Richieb799posted 12 years ago

Traffic seems to be odd at the moment, my best hub still remains first in Google and at 1000 views a day but I think its losing a bit from other search engines, but yes I'm seeing a lot of other hubs with about 100 views a day.

18. John J Gulley profile image59
    John J Gulleyposted 12 years ago

I'm actually experiencing a drop in traffic however I've only been here for a few weeks and don't have long term stats to compare anything to.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 12 years agoin reply to this

You'll get a boost in traffic when you first publish a hub, because other hubbers see it in the new hubs list, and Google likes fresh content.

After that you'll see a drop before you start seeing slowly rising traffic from Search Engines.

19. LeanMan profile image80
    LeanManposted 12 years ago

My traffic has been up 30% for over a week,but I published about 15 hubs this month. Saying that the extra traffic is on some of my older hubs not the new ones.

Some of my older hubs have gone up in their serps positions and gained extra traffic accordingly.

20. TahoeDoc profile image79
    TahoeDocposted 12 years ago

This is weird. I haven't done anything to my hubs recently. I added the short summaries when that was recommended, but haven't written a new one or changed anything else in months.

I do check in for my traffic, to answer comments, see if I'm making more than $0.10 per day, etc.

For the last about one week, I've had at least 4 times as much traffic as ever from Google on my 2 most popular hubs. Over half of my hubs are up 2X or more and I don't know how or why that has happened.

I have made about 3x as much money (which is very, very little still- don't be jealous smile ) as before this surge. I have NOT made more with adsense or amazon, however. So, it hasn't been a financial windfall (and with my informational hubs, and few of them at that, I don't expect this), but it is nice to see people getting the info and commenting on it.

1. TahoeDoc profile image79
      TahoeDocposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Oh, and I just remembered that before this, I had a drop from my usual few views per day across all my hub to almost NONE for a period of a couple weeks. I don't know if any of this info helps anyone figure out what is going on, but thought I'd throw it out there, just in case.

21. LoriSoard profile image65
    LoriSoardposted 12 years ago

So far, mine has been going up and down day-by-day. Waiting to see how it is for the full month, but definitely up. Of course, I am still building and adding hubs, so that makes a difference.

22. Hollie Thomas profile image61

I've noticed that the "additional" traffic I'm getting appears to be coming from search engines I've never heard of. Not to sure what this might mean.

23. Xenonlit profile image61
    Xenonlitposted 12 years ago

I will confirm that my traffic has doubled in the past 24 hour cycle.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)