jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

ads over top of my fans

1. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

When I look at my fans or someone else's fan club, advertisements load over the top of the first and some times second fan on each page. Is something wrong?

1. Pest profile image79
      Pestposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Same thing here...

2. agvulpes profile image89
      agvulpesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I had the same problem intermittantly. On occassions I also get the bottom footer bar sticking? half way up the page.!
      I am using Firefox, I just tried with IE and it did not do the same thing. It may be a  Browser specific problem. cool

1. Pest profile image79
        Pestposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Great, i have had a lot of problems with Firefox lately, but I am technologically retarded so i wouldn't know if it is me or Firefox.

1. agvulpes profile image89

Pest , just make sure you have the latest version of IE there have been a few problems with older versions . I think they might be up to about 7 , check it out at the Microsoft website it should be a free download. Good luck. cool

2. earnestshub profile image87

IE7 is probably not supported anymore, and Firefox is a very good browser. I have Flock, which looks like it is driven by Firefox. I suspect it is a browser problem too, as not much seems to go wrong at hubpages.

1. sunforged profile image70
      sunforgedposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Flock is based on firefox, IE8 is still in beta...so IE7 is certainly still supported (its just terrible)...

Do you have any add ons installed in firefox? Do you keep the program updated?

1. agvulpes profile image89

Sunforged I have Foxclocks and Colortabs installed on my Firefox would that make a difference?

1. sunforged profile image70
          sunforgedposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I wouldnt know specifically from those add-ons but if you always have the problem most likely your browser is having problems with compatibilty between add ons or with updates to the firefox browser.

If just hitting f5 (refresh) doesnt correct the issue than i suggest uninstalling your most recent add-on or making sure that you allow everything to update when you firt start your browser

3. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I get the bottom footer sticking half way up the page.  Sometimes.

4. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

I get the bottom footer sticking half way up the page.  Sometimes.

5. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

I hit refresh n that footbar thingy goes back to its proper place ..n here I thought it was jus my own computer tongue lol

6. earnestshub profile image87

F5 fixes it for about five seconds, then it returns. I have changed browsers and un installed all the plug ins, still no go. Frustrating problem!

working