jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Can't Open Stats on Hubs

1. Jayne Lancer profile image90
    Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago

I may be the only hubber with this problem, because I haven't noticed anyone else complain about it, and it has been going on for some time now.

When I click on 'stats' on any of my hubs, the page jumps, but the 'stats' tab does not open. It only sometimes works after refreshing the page numerous times. The problem seems to be getting worse, and it is very, very annoying.

1. Camille Harris profile image
      Camille Harrisposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jayne,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing trouble viewing your stats. Have you tried accessing them from a different browser? What browser are you currently using? In general, our site works best with Firefox:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#browsers

I'd recommend updating your browser to the latest version and clearing its cache:

Clearing cache instructions for Firefox:
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#firefoxcache

Clearing the cache for other browsers:
      http://kb.iu.edu/data/ahic.html

If upgrading the browsers and clearing the cache still doesn't resolve the problem, then we want to be able to reproduce the error or issues so we can document it and send it to our engineering team to be addressed. I couldn't reproduce it using Firefox, so let me know what browser you're using (if not Firefox) and I can see if I can reproduce it.

Jayne Lancerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I use Chrome and FF and have the same problem on both. I have just cleared the cache on each browser, but no improvement I'm afraid.

2. Jayne Lancer profile image90

I'm afraid there is still no improvement. I am also experiencing difficulty moderating comments - the page just shoots back to the top when I try to deny or approve. I assume this problem is unique to me.

3. Mickji profile image80
    Mickjiposted 3 years ago

I have the same problem, both on stats and login. I simply delete the link on top until .com and refresh the page. Sometimes it works, else I logout and login again. I think it is a browser problem ... Do you use Firefox? I do, now I will try to use Internet Explorer and SE360 or else I will have to install a new web-browser. Often website are wrote specifically for some web-browsers only, so the coder must add tiny pieces for any browser and version... It is a not easy work.

Camille Harris says above that Hubpages works best on FF. I have tried on FF and Chrome.

4. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 3 years ago

Slow internet connections cause that issue too. I have that on some days.

I have a broadband connection. Can that be too slow?

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I do too. There are a few days when it';s a bit slower than usual. But you have it constantly. Not really sure what the issue is. Try another computer or a phone?

It has worked three times today, but every time it doesn't work, I have to refresh the page until it does, and that upsets my overall statistics completely!

1. lobobrandon profile image84
            lobobrandonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Just use Google Analytics then

5. Jayne Lancer profile image90

Because the page shot to the bottom as I was about to click the 'stats' tab after refreshing the page for the umpteenth time, I have now accidentally clicked one of my own ads.

6. Jayne Lancer profile image90

In case anyone is interested or experiences the same problem, I've noticed an improvement since disabling ads in my browser settings--the page no longer darts back to the top, and I can moderate comments and view my stats after just two or three attempts rather than 30 to 50.

I disabled ads, by the way, because of the sound ads that keep showing up on HubPages.

Closed to reply

working