jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Google Adsense Tax Question

  1. glassvisage profile image89
    glassvisageposted 9 years ago

    First of all, let me say that I am grateful to even have the opportunity to ask this question about Google Adsense earnings! smile
    Now for the question...
    Is there a way to have taxes taken out of my earnings every month? Now that I'm filing my taxes, I see that I will have to owe because I've received the full amount from Google with each payment.
    Thanks to anyone in advance!

    1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 9 years agoin reply to this

      To Google, you are a freelancer, not an employee.  The only way you get taxes deducted as you go from earnings is if you are an employee of a company.

  2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 9 years ago

    I have to first start earning before I can even think about taxes tongue lol .. but I am not up n up on the taxes either since it would be different, sorry sad

  3. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image84
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 9 years ago

    Open a separate bank account and put it in there each month. You can find deduction calculators online. Instead of giving the government an interest free loan every month, you can collect interest yourself.

  4. spuds profile image62
    spudsposted 9 years ago

    Google is not responsible for your taxes so no you have to work your taxes out yourself. Google will pay you your full amount of earnings.

  5. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 9 years ago

    Nope... You're solely responsible for your taxes. I haven't had to owe yet, as my regular paycheck always makes up the difference, but like EYEAM4ANARCHY said, set up a separate account or just set money aside so that you have money to pay back.

  6. Lisa HW profile image74
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

    Google earnings are self-employment earnings.  If a person earns more than $600 a year he is required to file a self-employment, Form C, along with tax returns.

    If you get self-employment earnings besides the Google earnings, that, too, would go under your Form C (sole proprietor).

    Generally, people are expected to set aside estimated tax each quarter and file an estimated tax form.  If your self-employment income is low and not regular it can be hard to estimate, and if you have yet other income it can further complicate things.   If someone earned something like a one-shot, self-employment, income of $600 they would have to file a Form C, but if that same person earned that one-shot, self-employment income in the amount of $599, it could be listed as "Other Income".

    Either way, if you have income that isn't having taxes taken from it, it's best to set aside a percentage of it for taxes.  There are free checking accounts with companion savings accounts, so having a separate one and transferring tax money into the savings portion of the account can make things easy.  A separate account also makes record-keeping easy.

  7. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

    I also had to pay this year because I liquidated a retirement fund and because of Google Adsense.  I had set aside extra savings through out the year, which helped me to pay for my taxes.