Views Heading Down Again.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

I have noticed my views going down again. They were starting back up now they are heading down.

1. Cardisa profile image87
      Cardisaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure they are not the weekend lows? I hope you recover. smile

2. CraftytotheCore profile image76
      CraftytotheCoreposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I noticed a huge dip yesterday.

2. jellygator profile image89
    jellygatorposted 10 years ago

Another Google update's coming. My views always seem to climb before these updates, then fall drastically. Here's something I just came across on this:

http://www.seroundtable.com/google-update-17328.html

1. Barbara Kay profile image74
      Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There might be trouble for me ahead then. My views have almost doubled and I wondered why. Maybe they have climbed just so they can plummet again. Darn. I hate playing this Google game.

2. Barbara Kay profile image74

I just read the link and it said September 4th. That update is long past, so we might not have to worry.

1. jellygator profile image89
        jellygatorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No, the forum discussion took place on Sept. 4th. As you read it, you'll see that Google confirmed a "soft Panda update" for Sept 24th.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image84
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Since the last update, I've taken a terrible hit.  I lost about 60 % then regained back about 30% but many of my articles are steadily dropping.  My cpms have gone up however, but my income is still down about 40% per day from what it was prior to the first update.  I don't think all of the big changes here at HP have helped any of us.

1. mary615 profile image83
            mary615posted 10 years agoin reply to this

+1

2. Writer Fox profile image32
          Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

That was August 24th.  September 24th isn't here yet.

The data now seems to be refreshing during the last two weeks of each month, over a ten-day period.

1. jellygator profile image89
            jellygatorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'll try to pay attention to this.

3. Anna Marie Bowman profile image75
    Anna Marie Bowmanposted 10 years ago

Why does Google always decide to do this right before the holiday season, when most of us see better traffic and better earnings?  I was making decent money about two years ago, and now...it's trickling in.  At the holidays, I was bringing in enough money to set aside for paying off my credit cards from my Christmas shopping.  Now, I don't have enough to pay my water bill (my smallest bill).

1. Writer Fox profile image32
      Writer Foxposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Google continually assesses your content every time it crawls your Hubs.  And remember that the competition for keywords increases all of the time.  Sometimes it helps to do fresh keyword research and see the present traffic for the words and phrases you are targeting. What worked last year may not be what is working now. Also, check your rankings and look at the content of the webpages which are outranking your Hubs.

4. jellygator profile image89

^ Now THAT is an ap someone should develop!

5. moonlake profile image82
    moonlakeposted 10 years ago

My traffic is still dropping. I have checked rankings and I have redone some of my titles and some of my hubs. I don't know what else to do.

6. Solaras profile image95
    Solarasposted 10 years ago

So traffic and earnings were low on Friday, but today my traffic has doubled beyond the new new normal. Is anyone else experiencing a big increase today? I wish it would last, sigh...

1. ChristinS profile image41
      ChristinSposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The past couple of days have been much higher than usual for me also, but I don't get too attached because it fluctuates so wildly here smile

1. Barbara Kay profile image74

It's a Sunday and mine are way up. It sure helps the attitude when they go up again after being so down.

7. jellygator profile image89

Mine went down briefly, but have surprisingly stayed up - certainly not what I thought was coming!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)