jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

OOPS! Can I revert back to a previous version of a hub?

1. Violet Valerie profile image78
    Violet Valerieposted 4 years ago

I was working on editing a hub, and creating separate capsules, and had copied and pasted the original single capsule to distribute it.  But then, like an idiot, I copied and pasted something elsewhere and have now lost what I had!  Any ideas??

1. The Examiner-1 profile image75
      The Examiner-1posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Violet
      You can try this:
      1) Copy and save what you have now into your word processor;
      2) Return to the capsule. Go into 'Edit' and click on the 'curved arrow' which is "Undo". See if that brings back some, if not all, of what you lost.

2. IzzyM profile image88
      IzzyMposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I would have suggested looking for a cached copy of your hub in Google search, but the cache is no longer showing for me.
      Other thing to maybe try is to look up the wayback machine and see if your hub is there. http://archive.org/web/
      If its been up a while, say before we got subdomains, you might have to search for it by the original url - hubpages.com/hub/hub-title

Violet Valerieposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks.  I tried accessing a cached copy as well.  I finally gave up and just rewrote it, but have some good ideas for the future!

2. rebthomas profile image88
    rebthomasposted 4 years ago

It is always a good idea to back your work up on Microsoft word then you always have it.

Yeah, thanks.  I actually did have this saved to a document from before, and thought I could use that, but the file turns out to be stuck, along with many others, on a damaged external drive.

1. LeanMan profile image82
        LeanManposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Use scrapbook for firefox - it allows you to create a copy of your webpages quickly and easily.

Thanks for the app recommendation, off to grab it now!!

3. my-zone profile image66
    my-zoneposted 4 years ago

Always keep a backup of your content on a MS-word sheet, so that if u lose it due to technical problem u can copy and paste it back for publishing.

working